11 weeks since sending review form off to pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

11 weeks since sending review form off to pip

Options
cavailia
cavailia Community member Posts: 13 Listener
I filled in the review form printed off a list of medication and my relevant medical records ( i have onlne access to my gp records. I sent the same diagnosis information i sent 2 years ago and also outlined that i have got worse mobility wise and provided evidence to support this. 19th nov i finally got a text thanking me for returning my form and that i may need to attend another consultation before making a decision.and they will contact me again if this is the case but heard nothing since. my anxiety is through the roof i am not sleeping even worse than normal i rang three weeks ago and she said i would hear in a couple weeks . I just dont know what to do

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome, wait is the only answer I can give and be patient, getting your self prepared for the F2F acessment will, could be helpful in preparation for your acessment going through the PIP descriptors knowing what you can and can not do and why. The fact that your mobility has got worst it is how you condition meets the PIP descriptors as to your award is moved from basic to enhanced or remains the same. Keep opting and updating.
  • cavailia
    Options
    thanks i have a support worker who has said some one will attend if i need a f2f so i wont be alone.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Most people have face to face assessments, even for a review. Expect another assessment then it won't be too much of a shock when the appointment letter arrives.

Time scales for assessments vary depending on back log in your area. There's really nothing more you can do other than wait. Hopefully it won't be much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cavailia
    Options
    update today i called pip to see where we are at. The lady was very nice she said it was sent to the decision maker who yes you guessed it decided i need a face to face. We expected that anyway to be honest. The f2f takes around 8 weeks so looking at at around 14th January. so in the wigan (greater manchester) area reviews are taking around 20 weeks to even get to the f2f point. I gather it can take a few months to get the decision after the medical as well so i am thinking it could well be feburary or march before i am any the wiser. I am now going to get prepared for my medical.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It's not the decision makers that decide if a face to face is needed, it's the health assessment providers. The time scales for the whole process really does vary and backlogs is just one of the things that can delay the process.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cavailia
    Options
    I was only repeating what she told me. she even advised me to maybe record the interview if i was worried which surprised me she would even suggest it 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you do want to record the assessment then you will need to get permission from the health assessment providers 48 hours before. You must use either a tape or CD recorder and produce 2 identical copies, hand 1 copy in at the end of the assessment.

If you record the assessment without permission then you risk the assessment being stopped, your file returned to DWP and you could be refused that benefit.

• cavailia
    Options
    Yes i understand thank you but i just read on another site that video recording of pip assessments is starting this month although it does not say if this is just a test pool or if all will be recorded

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.