Representative for PIP tribunal? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Representative for PIP tribunal?

Options
2»

Comments

• RVJ11
    RVJ11 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Options
    Hi,
    I got the date wrong; the letter says that they will award me pip from the 26th of Feb 2018 to the 12th of March 2021.
    I may still go to the tribunal; I have to see some people and make some enquiries. I suppose the DWP might stop my payments when they learn I'm not going to tribunal; I will ring the tribunal court and find out what I can.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once they have made an award they cannot take it back without making a new decision
    You have nothing to lose going to tribunal if you genuinely deserve a higher award

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • tinky1971
    tinky1971 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I'm looking at going to tribunal for my son. Does he have to come with me as I'm his appointee, don't won't him more stressed
  • RVJ11
    RVJ11 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Options
    Hi,
    After speaking to an adviser at the CAB yesterday, I have decided not to go ahead with attending a tribunal after all. I was lucky enough to be able to speak directly to the adviser who had helped me with my mandatory reconsideration. We went through all the points we'd raised, compared them to the things the DWP had given me points for, and concluded that I would not be very likely to get many more than I have already been given if I were to continue to tribunal. Thank you all for your help and support.
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    As long as you have an award that you are happy with you can now relax.

CR
  • donald
    donald Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Options
    can my award made in my mandatory, can it be taken from me if i lose my appeal i have both standard,and am frightend i will lose out on my standard on both rates ,
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    donald said:
    can my award made in my mandatory, can it be taken from me if i lose my appeal i have both standard,and am frightend i will lose out on my standard on both rates ,
    If you've recently be awarded a benefit and you're not happy with the decision then you need to get further advice from either welfare rights or a law centre. No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to an award you already have because no one knows how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    If you appeal to the tribunal, the judge should tell you if your current award is in danger giving you the option to withdraw. However if you fulfill the criteria for a higher award then you should think carefully
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    debsidoo said:
    Hi RVJ11
    Age concern will give you advice they may be able to point you in the direction of an advocacy service.
    You don’t have to be a pensioner to contact them.
         Debsidoo.x
    Make sure that the service they point you towards is one that is professionally qualified to represent you at a Tribunal.
    Some of these types of services are only there to just hold your hand so to speak.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    debsidoo said:
    Hi RVJ11
    Age concern will give you advice they may be able to point you in the direction of an advocacy service.
    You don’t have to be a pensioner to contact them.
         Debsidoo.x
    Make sure that the service they point you towards is one that is professionally qualified to represent you at a Tribunal.
    Some of these types of services are only there to just hold your hand so to speak.
    There are no professional qualifications in advice work that are widely recognised or meaningful despite numerous courses and attempts. 
    Hi Mike I was trying to differentiate between those who are supporters (advocates) and no nothing or very little about the benefit system. They hold your hand and sit next to you to give moral support.

Then we have the likes of yourself that fully understands the system and is able to prepare a proper submission and argue with the Tribunal on points of law.

• JamesAnthony
    JamesAnthony Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I’m shocked that the cab have stopped going to tribunals. That’s a resource that is needed. It goes to show the lack of resources for certain organisations that are crucial for folks like us. What do we have to do? Maybe we should think about helping cab to get more funding locally? 

• JamesAnthony
    Options
    I have started a petition with change. Org for it to be Manditory for all PIP assessments to be recorded. Stop the lies and prevent the unnecessary stress and hardship we disabled people are all suffering. 
  • JamesAnthony
    Options
    I’m shocked that the cab have stopped going to tribunals. That’s a resource that is needed. It goes to show the lack of resources for certain organisations that are crucial for folks like us. What do we have to do? Maybe we should think about helping cab to get more funding locally? 
    http://chng.it/xZd4nStz please sign and share 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.