2nd PIP Assement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

2nd PIP Assement

duckduck
duckduck Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had an assessment in October and got a letter 3 weeks later scheduling another.

I rang up and all they could tell me was *they needed to ask more questions*.

The second assessment was this week. Same as the previous one really, in terms of questions, what was said. Perhaps a bit more in-depth she was here for an hour and a half at least. When she did my eye test she made me hold the paper at a certain length and held the chart as far away as the room would allow for instance unlike the first one who let me hold it right up and just stood in front of me. 

I read on here it’s unusual but not unheard of. So that put my mind at ease a little at least. 

What I was wondering though is once I hear more about this assessment can I ask for more information on the first one?

When I rang the first time I was told they were just a call centre and couldn’t tell me anything? 

I would be interested in seeing what was submitted if anything for the first one. 

Comments

• Garfield412
    Garfield412 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi duckduck,

it is noted on this website =https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/your-assessment/after-your-pip-assessment/

and they quote =
    You can only request a copy once DWP writes to you with their decision. To ask for your copy you should contact DWP on 0800 121 4433 or textphone 0800 121 4493. We’re not able to provide a copy of the report on the day of your face-to-face consultation.

I can only assume this applies to all reports made in your case file, I could be wrong of course...

good luck
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes you are right. You - the claimant will get a copy of that report with the decision notice. You are not supposed to ask for it any earlier.

Makes me wonder why people ignore this rule and yet at the same time lambast the assessor for not following their rules?

• duckduck
    duckduck Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you both! 

I'll await hearing anything then and then see what I can get hold of. 

They did say I could make a complaint about the two assessments, but to be honest I would rather see what both reports said first of all and see if that can help me make sense of it. 

If I can see ah yes it's obvious now why they had to redo it I think I would just leave it as is and put it down to one of those things. 
  • angiefitz
    angiefitz Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I rang for a copy of my assessment a week later and received it well before the decision was made. This also happened at my previous assessment. I was told you could request a copy as soon as it has been received by the DWP. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @duckduck, and a belated warm welcome to the community! Glad to see you've had some guidance with this.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    angiefitz said:
    I rang for a copy of my assessment a week later and received it well before the decision was made. This also happened at my previous assessment. I was told you could request a copy as soon as it has been received by the DWP. 
    People can and do ask for the report early. That does not mean to say that the DWP are required to send it. They seem to do it as a concession. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.