Will this ESA letter trigger a move to UC? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will this ESA letter trigger a move to UC?

Millyspuppet
Millyspuppet Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in Universal Credit (UC)
Good evening 

my question regarding UC (no surprise there) as yet I have not been contacted regarding changing over however very recently I received a DWP ESA3 means tested question and answer claim benefit form , I rang the help line number and was informed I had to fill it in and send it off, I asked what this was for and was told it was to see if I was entitled to a benefit I could have been claiming since changing over from incapacity to esa in 2013 the benefit is for income related top up for those with long term illnesses not expected to improve and if you live alone (which I do), I am currently on contribution based esa and always have been
I want to know if by filling in this form for a benefit I had no knowledge of will this trigger the need to change over to UC?
I'm also still on DLA

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.