carrers allowance and income related esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

carrers allowance and income related esa

Options
vee1975
vee1975 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I have real concern I inform esa that I was receiving an insurance from my employee to help with paying bills, I was sent to a medical and now they have placed me in support group I spoke to CAB and benefit adviser that because is was a wage my careers allowance would not be a affected and my insurance from work is not permanent. just wondered if any one else has had this problem every time I speak to esa I am told someone will contact me and I have been told I can not just turn up and the job centre without an appointment I did but security sent me away due to not having an appointment. 
please advise me I now it takes time but this has been 3 months now.
thank you for your help.

Comments

• Garfield412
    Garfield412 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi @vee1975,
    Yes this issue is, unfortunately, a common occurrence.  they will contact you, eventually.  I would keep a record of the date / times you called and went to the JobCentre to chase.  Additionally, I would send a letter, by Signed For post, asking for an update on your case file.  

Hopefully, they will contact you soon.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.