Sdp — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sdp

Options
tracymc
tracymc Community member Posts: 8 Listener
hi just asking for more help iv recently been accepted for sdp from 31/1”/18 but I should have been awarded it from April 2014 but dwp are saying I’m not getting backdated money bec I never told them my son had moved out in April 2014 because I didn’t genuinely think I had to because he had reported the change bec he moved house and got housing benifit for his new property dwp have send me a letter saying no backdated money will be paid so I filled in a mantory reconstdiration form asking them to look at this again I also provided a tendency agreement from my sons old property and letters to prove I got single occupancy on both exactly the same dates when my sons tencany started but dwp are still saying I should have informed them off him moving out , but because he was a non dependent I didn’t think I had to as he had already done this on his own behalf can anyone tell me what to do next I’m lost they owe me approx £12.000 and I feel robbed and angry about this as this was a genuine mistake I told my council and that’s all I thought I had to do

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.