Hello - I Have A PIP Review Question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello - I Have A PIP Review Question

Options
annamie
annamie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I awarded PIP in 2015 for 3 years and I understand that they review within the 3rd year.  I got my review form and had to send it back by 5th July which I did. I hadn't heard anything until this week when I received a letter from Capita - It just said they had my form and were assessing it and would be in touch. It didn't give a assessment appointment but did send the information.

My questions are - The letter never mentioned it was a review it read as if it were a first application, is this just the standard wording?

Also, because it's with capita does that mean that an assessment is a given? I ask because I have a life long condition and although some things have got worse it's not something that I prove only the increase in medication.  I'm guess I'm just wondering if this is usual because I just assumed it would just stay as it is.

Sorry for the essay 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Reviews take place 1 year before the award is due to end, unless you were awarded by a Tribunal and then DWP contact 3 months before the award is due to end.

If you were awarded by a Tribunal then your current award will have an end date and if a decision isn't made by that date then your payments will stop. If a decision on this claim goes in your favour your payments will be backdated to the date they stopped.

Most people have face to face assessments, whether it's first time claim or a review, so expect another one of those as it's rare to have a paper based assessment. Waiting times for assessments depend on backlog in your area.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • annamie
    Options
    Thank you so much for that, I will just keep waiting it's annoying as I only recently had my ESA one, you'd think they would communicate lol.
    Thanks again 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,008 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ESA is for those with a limited capability for work so different to PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    annamie said:
    Hi I awarded PIP in 2015 for 3 years and I understand that they review within the 3rd year.  I got my review form and had to send it back by 5th July which I did. I hadn't heard anything until this week when I received a letter from Capita - It just said they had my form and were assessing it and would be in touch. It didn't give a assessment appointment but did send the information.

My questions are - The letter never mentioned it was a review it read as if it were a first application, is this just the standard wording?

Also, because it's with capita does that mean that an assessment is a given? I ask because I have a life long condition and although some things have got worse it's not something that I prove only the increase in medication.  I'm guess I'm just wondering if this is usual because I just assumed it would just stay as it is.

Sorry for the essay 

As has already been stated, the DWP re-assess one year early unless it was a Tribunal decision.

A review, re-assessment - they are all treated by them as a new claim when being assessed.

A face to face assessment is normal for all assessments.
    It doesn't mean to say that you will get the same award again as each case manager can decide differently on the same facts.

Many go from having an award of say enhanced care & mobility then on re-assessment are given 0 points.(that happened to me 3 times in the past 5 years)
    Likewise someone that had standard care & mobility for say 4 years could well see their new award being for enhanced for both components on the same evidence as before and with no deterioration.

It all depends on the quality of the assessor and the luck of the draw as to which case manager you get.
  • marie1966xxxx
    marie1966xxxx Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi i had review form about 4 months ago.. luckily I never had to have a second f 2 f assessment.. they awarded me for another 4 years but I did send in a lot of medical evidence.. 
  • annamie
    Options
    Thank you guys
  • valleyboy
    valleyboy Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Options
    I was awarded pip for a period of 2years,well on the award letter it stated that I wouldn't hear of them untill after the 19th of December this year,well by the time the form do arrive then completed,sent back then a f2f that will be less that a year..
    Basically if you been awarded it for a specific period then that should run it's full course although I'm aware it dont..anything to save money..
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    valleyboy said:
    Basically if you been awarded it for a specific period then that should run it's full course although I'm aware it dont..anything to save money..
    If you do that and then have to be reassessed it would mean months of waiting before you find out if you have an award. In all of that time you would not be paid anything. Best to do it before the award runs out so that there would be no unpaid period.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.