Hello - I Have A PIP Review Question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello - I Have A PIP Review Question

Options
annamie
annamie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I awarded PIP in 2015 for 3 years and I understand that they review within the 3rd year.  I got my review form and had to send it back by 5th July which I did. I hadn't heard anything until this week when I received a letter from Capita - It just said they had my form and were assessing it and would be in touch. It didn't give a assessment appointment but did send the information.

My questions are - The letter never mentioned it was a review it read as if it were a first application, is this just the standard wording?

Also, because it's with capita does that mean that an assessment is a given? I ask because I have a life long condition and although some things have got worse it's not something that I prove only the increase in medication. I'm just wondering if this is usual because I just assumed it would just stay as it is.

Sorry for the essay 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Even if it is a reveiw a report has to be done by the outside contractor in your area, it does not mean you will have a f2f although most people do
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • patriciahendy
    patriciahendy Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Options
    I think it is time for the "assessors" to be "assessed". My good friend has received her "assessment" report.  The "assessor" stated that she "assessed" her hips and knees. NO SUCH EXAMINATION TOOK PLACE. The condition of a patients hips cannot be assumed  if the patient is sitting down in front of an "assessor" who is sitting behind a desk!!! This is one for an orthopaedic person who knows what to look for! Spelling mistakes too. Also commented that claimant was carrying a plastic bag!!!!?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    Options
    you know what your right ..These assessors recon they are human x rays...they are in the wrong job they have all these powers of deduction and only strange thing is everybody they see is fit as fiddles. I swear even a corpse would score 0 lol

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.