Can I apply for childcare allowance if I'm not British? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I apply for childcare allowance if I'm not British?

Options
Mehreen
Mehreen Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Comments

• Mehreen
    Mehreen Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I want to know.....I can apply  for the child care allowance if I'm not British?
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Mehreen
    I don't know the answer to your question but we do have people here who may be able to advise you. Can you explain your situation in a bit more detail? Are you a UK taxpayer, or is your partner a UK taxpayer? Anything like that may help us to understand a bit better.
    Best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mehreen, and a warm welcome to the community! Hopefully some of our members will be able to help you with this.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,038 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

That will totally depend on many things. You need to speak to your local CAB for further advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.