Doctors note - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Doctors note

Options
2»

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    vickyanne said:
    Peasmold_01
    I tried to get my medical file and was told I would have to pay per page ..i think they said 50p each page and I didnt know some Drs charge £25 ...i was charged that for a Drs letter that the DWP insisted I got only to find it was dismissed.
    At one time the DWP made it clear to all PIP claimants that they were NOT to contact their GP as they may well have to pay for a letter. The DWP said also that if they want a letter they will contact the GP themselves and pay the fee.

Now we have the DWP telling the claimant to go get a GP letter and pay for it themselves! A complete turn round.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Even though on the new review forms for PIP it has a list of things not to send to support your claim, a GP letter is one of them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Even though on the new review forms for PIP it has a list of things not to send to support your claim, a GP letter is one of them.
    For obvious reasons, but hey the way the DWP work anything and everything is possible!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.