I feel like giving up with PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel like giving up with PIP

Denise123
Denise123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have  made 2pip and been turned down both times have but in for it again as I have a turmoil and it makes me fall over had my face to face she had to help me stand up so don't know how things will go this  hopefully I get some help when I eaw told no the last 2times the letter they sent me I wondered how they were on about it was not me they told a lot of lies I just feel like giving up with it all 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Denise123 and a very warm welcome to you. Sorry I did not see your post earlier.
    I am very, very sorry to read of your difficulties. I only wish they were more unusual.
    However, I am not qualified to give you proper help and I want to get your message to someone better qualified as soon as possible. I am going to notify them of your post and hope that they get back to you tomorrow.
    Bear with us, Denise, and we will do what we can.
    Remember - you matter here.
    Warmest best wishes,
    @JennysDad
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Denise123and a warm welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with PIP, it must have been really frustrating for you to go through that process and not feel like you were heard. I'm sure many others will be able to relate to how you're feeling too. Please do keep us updated with your new application and if we can be of any assistance, just let us know.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

To constantly re-apply for PIP isn't going to help you get an award. Re-apply and using the same evidence you previously used will most likely mean that you'll continue to be refused.

You need to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration on the most recent decision that was made. If that decision remains the same then you need to request the Tribunal.

I'd advise you get some help from welfare right or a law centre.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Poppy answered your question very, if you think you meet all the point you should Challenge dwp
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Denise123 said:
    I have  made 2pip and been turned down both times have but in for it again as I have a turmoil and it makes me fall over had my face to face she had to help me stand up so don't know how things will go this  hopefully I get some help when I eaw told no the last 2times the letter they sent me I wondered how they were on about it was not me they told a lot of lies I just feel like giving up with it all 
    I don't honestly blame you - I too closed my PIP claim down for the same reasons.
    I had 3 face to face assessments and received the grand total of 0 points for all of them. I had to fight for the first two which ended up as enhanced care & mobility. The third one stayed the same after MR.
    Totally disillusioned with the whole system of repeat reviews every other year and having to fight every one.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.