Anti histamines and sleep — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anti histamines and sleep

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 58 Connected
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @danb Thanks for sharing your post.  We as a community can not offer medical advice .

Have you spoken to the association for CRPS.  Been on line and found the following. Very informative website. Might be worth contacting for medical advice.

Website https:// wwwburningnightscrps.org.

Helpline 01663 795055

Mon to Fri 10 am to 4pm.

burningnightscrpssupportadmin.

Hope that helps. 

Pleasure to help you.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @danb… antihistamines are normally taken for allergies such as hay fever in my case and are liable to dry you up and may have the effect of causing drowsiness.  I don't believe/haven't heard that there are any problems with taking them and they are freely available at any chemist or online. You must of course follow the instructions and if in any doubt not take them.  Ultimately the choice is yours.         Take care

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear your medication hasn't been helping you, @danb. Have you talked to your GP about this? Different things work for different people and there could be an alternative that could help. I hope today's as kind as possible to you!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • vysvader
    vysvader Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Your GP is supposed to make some changes if it doesn't work. It's common to administrate it for insomnia (even if it's developed for allergies) and sometimes also a placebo (which isn't packed as a placebo). I had been getting some huger amounts of antihistamines against the bee poison when I already looked like a balloon without any eyes and neck. Also, it didn't make me very sleepy and in a few days, I reached a tolerance so it worked even less. But this isn't the case of all. Once, when I asked one medic why they are using it for insomnia, he told me that it's because of the cost and because it's comparative safety. They don't use it because think that it's the most effective drug, however, there are other considerable things.
    You can feel free to get in touch 

Brightness