PIP renewal form, likely to stop payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP renewal form, likely to stop payments?

Options
dravah81
dravah81 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have suffered chronic daily migraines since 1995 and they effect my balance,  sight and speech.  Also suffered anxiety,  daily panic attacks severe depression and agoraphobia since 2001. I had been on DLA until 2016 when I was awarded my PIP.  I got sent 2 letters, one for 2 years and one for ongoing. I called yesterday and the ongoing decision was sent in error as they had pressed the wrong drop down box! I recently got send a review form which i sent back same day I received it. Nothing has changed condition wise and I still need the care of my husband daily and with the agoraphobia I had to have a f2f at home which was successful. I'm now worried that they will stop all payments. Can they discriminate against mental health and agoraphobia. Or if rules have changed regarding the rules of claiming.  I scored 22 points on my last assessment. Any knowledge or guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I must admit, sending the form back the same day you received it was extremely quick. Yes, it's a review but you should always treat it as a new claim and put as much information as possible down on the form about how your conditions affect you. Evidence of how your conditions affect you will have been needed too, did you send any to support your claim?

No one here can tell you what the decision will be but yes it's possible to lose everything you already have. Although it's also possible to be awarded in your favour again.

You can ring DWP for a cope of the assessment report to be sent to you, if you live in the UK. If you live in NI then you'll have to wait until a decision's been made. They mostly go with the report, it's rare to go against the recommendations. Leave it about a week and then ring.

There's no time scales to decisions it can take 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dravah81
    Options
    Thank you for replying. 
     I spoke to a case manager and told her that nothing had changed and she said just keep it short and simple and put no change on all areas and didn't need anymore any evidence sending.  It all confused me.  They will probably say I need another f2f which I don't think I could cope with. I feel like I'm being goaded with a hot poker,  the same as others in the same position.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    dravah81 said:
    Thank you for replying. 
     I spoke to a case manager and told her that nothing had changed and she said just keep it short and simple and put no change on all areas and didn't need anymore any evidence sending.  It all confused me.  They will probably say I need another f2f which I don't think I could cope with. I feel like I'm being goaded with a hot poker,  the same as others in the same position.
    Hiya @dravah81 listen to what @poppy123456 has stated here "Yes, it's a review but you should always treat it as a new claim and put as much information as possible down on the form about how your conditions affect you. Evidence of how your conditions affect you will have been needed too"

Dont just do what the DWP have told you and don't just write NO change... Not a good move.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    Options
    dravah81 said:
    Thank you for replying. 
    You spoke to a case manager at DWP about your PIP review forms?

Evidence will be needed to support your claim. Putting no changes and nothing else on every question wasn't the greatest advice that this person gave you.

As you said you had to have the face 2 face at home i assumed you'd already had it. If you haven't then yes expect another assessment as most have them. Even more so as you just put no change on your forms.

I've sent my daughters PIP review forms back just a couple of days ago and i had to ask for the 14 days extension because there wasn't enough of time to sort through her evidence and fill out the forms because there was so much information to put down. I had to use extra A4 paper because there wasn't enough room on the form.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dravah81
    Options
    Hi,  yes I spoke to a case manager as I was transferred to her on the phone from the advisor who couldn't work out why I was sent out two conflicting awards,  one for 2 years and one for ongoing,  so it was the case manager that I got put through too. I'm not sure what more evidence they want apart from stepping in my shoes for a day or to stay at my house for a week. They have had evidence from my GP and Neurologist 2 years ago who have said my condition  its not likely to change in the near future. I guess I'm screwed and will have to go through this hideous process again with them and take it all the way if needed. 
    Thank you for your advice and replies,  I appreciate it. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    A review should always be treated as a new claim and you should send the evidence even if you sent it last time. Sending it last time, doesn't mean they will refer back to your previous claim. Putting "no change" doesn't mean anything, especially if they don't refer back to your previous claim.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A review should always be treated as a new claim and you should send the evidence even if you sent it last time. Sending it last time, doesn't mean they will refer back to your previous claim. Putting "no change" doesn't mean anything, especially if they don't refer back to your previous claim.
    So what then is the point in asking you if nothing has changed? I don't understand that form - surely it would be better to start from scratch for each review and issue the PIP2 form.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.