Blue badge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Blue badge

Options
mbeaton
mbeaton Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi im not in reciept of benifits yet . But can i get a blue badge as im not good walking . 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    Check the criteria of your local council as all councils have their own criteria for a blue badge. You may still qualify but will need evidence and an assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    What is a blue badge?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi again @mbeaton, I've responded to this question on your other post which you can find here.

Hi @cracker, you can find more information about Blue Badges on the gov.uk website:
    The Blue Badge scheme helps you park closer to your destination if you have mobility problems. Check if you’re eligible, apply and find out where you can park.
  • cracker
    Options
    I have a Handicapped Placard which serves the same function.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @cracker, having a handicapped placard will and dose not give you permission to use a disability parking bay or any of the benefits of a genuine Blue Badge holder.  I have stickers on my car to leave room to open door fully and leave acess at rear for mobility scooter acess, but placing my blue badge on the dash and setting the clock allows me to park legally on double yellow lines. 
  • cracker
    Options
    How wonderful. I wish we had that here.

As it is, perhaps half the cars with Disabled Placards are legit, Often, people without disability take the parking spaces, and no one patrols them..
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cracker, have you applied to your local for a Blue Badge? They are issued to certain people claiming certain benefits or you may need to be have an acessment before being granted one.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    wilko said:
    Cracker, have you applied to your local for a Blue Badge? They are issued to certain people claiming certain benefits or you may need to be have an acessment before being granted one.
    This is for UK only and i don't believe that cracker lives in the UK.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness