Pip tribunal postponed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal postponed

Options
meri92
meri92 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
As if this process couldn't get any more stressful. 

I was supposed to have my tribunal hearing tomorrow and I got a voicemail today  telling me it's been cancelled because they don't have enough members on the panel. 

Now I'm wondering how long this is going to drag out for and I'm thinking I'll have to wait months more for a date. Will I get priority for the next available appointment or am I going to be at the back of the line again ? 

I just want to get this out of the way and I really can't take this anymore. I'm so stressed atm. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and sorry you had your appointment cancelled, i expect that your new tribunal date will be rearranged as soon as possible, I wouldn’t be surprised if a panel Member was taken Unwell suddenly hencen your notification of the cancellation. It’s stressful but these thing happen at least you where informed before you started your journey.
  • meri92
    meri92 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Options
    @wilko thanks for the reply, yeh I know these things happen and we can't control it but now I'm really worried about the wait. I just feel like I'm gonna be waiting weeks now for another hearing.
  • emmalou169
    emmalou169 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
     meri92 said:

@wilko thanks for the reply, yeh I know these things happen and we can't control it but now I'm really worried about the wait. I just feel like I'm gonna be waiting weeks now for another hearing.
    Hello sorry to hear hope you didn't have to wait long,? 
    Did you have to wait long as to   was meant to have my tribunal yesterday but mine has now been rescheduled due to my illness and my friend couldn't take me she cancelled on me the day before had no-one to take me made me poorly caused by all the stress I just couldn't get there. 
     Hope it isn't as stressful as it sounds to many?  Hope you had success with your tribunal. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.