Claiming ESA Contributtry and topped up by income based ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claiming ESA Contributtry and topped up by income based ESA

Options
wilko
wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
having been on ESA for over two years and reading posts about people losing part of their ESA due to inheritance, partners earning savings ect. I phoned DWP to enquire what ESA benefits I was claiming. I was informed that the main part is Contributtry and then topped up by income based. So the question is many of us are claiming ESA some Contributtry or income based or a mix of the two so how does this work for savings inheritance ect ?? Ps the extra £10 on your ESA payment this week is the Christmas bonus, spend it wisely!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Contribution based ESA with an Income related top up...the Income related top up is the only part of the ESA that is affected here. You get to keep all of the Contributions based.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks Poppy, the question is, was because I am receiving ESA Contributtry and being topped up with income based if I have any saving will I need to report this or is it disregarded because I am getting Contributtry part of ESA or should will it, should it be reported as part of my benefits is made up of income based ESA?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No worries. If you did have savings you need to report this yes. Only your Income related top will be affect and you'll keep all of the Contributions based, which is £110.75 per week. Anything over this amount will be affected.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.