My Pip saga.. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Pip saga..

MariLondon50
MariLondon50 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Hello 
My name it's Maria and I am new here I am going to tell my pip adventure 
On 25th of September I went for the so called face to face assessment nothing to pretend or try to make them believe just me and my health problems I am blind from my right eye and vision it's poor on left I use a magnifire to help me reading glasses to protect my eyes I have rheumatoid arthritis on my left ankle apart from being red and swollen and almighty painful I am on ultra sound guided injections walk with help of walking stick and the mobility it's very painful and on top of that I were nappies because I have mild bowel and incontinence side effects from radiotherapy from a cancer problem unfortunately all this combination of health problems makes my life miserable on 1th of October I had leter from dwp no pip 6 points for daily living 4 for mobility I logged a MR on 8th of October 
The assessor  give 0 points for reading even me using magnifier for help and being blind from right eye without periferic vision the assessor give me 0 points with help dress and undressing when I have a gaget for my socks regarding my arthritis and give me 0 points going out and engage with other people when I am half blind have poor movement and scared of acidents related with fact I were nappies basicly everything was a big joke and now I am waiting for a review for 9 weeks maybe soon will have answers 

Comments

• Saracen
    Saracen Community member Posts: 66 Pioneering
    Hi @MariLondon50
    And welcome, reading through your post you say you were awarded 6 points for daily living and 4 points for mobility, and you made an MR have you received a decision on the MR do you mean you have been waiting 9 weeks for the MR decision not a review??
  • MariLondon50
    MariLondon50 Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Hello
    Yes I have been waiting 9 weeks for the MR decision 
  • vollante
    vollante Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    My daughter had her assessment in November 2017 and in January 2018 awarded 0 points that was previously 28 overall. We did the MR and still 0 points after a 6 week wait for a decision so off to tribunal we went. It wasn't quick or easy and you have time restrictions that I am sure they put into place so you miss the deadline. We had a tribunal hearing this November and won without my daughter having to attend. She was awarded back her 28 points and backdated her claim to January. It is a long laborious process but don't give up. If your MR is declined then go to tribunal as I strongly believe that the DWP hope that most will give up. Good luck and keep strong.
  • marie21
    marie21 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi I had my assessment was on disability lifetime award. I have osteoarthritis since I was in my 20's I have learned to cope with it know my own body limitations. Do not go dr's unless absolute necessity. I take CBD tablets & self medicate. Have just undergone second knee replacement. Why?? I don't have Athritis according to Capita  who did face to face for pips. Where I was told if didn't do what I was asked to do she would take it I could do it anyway struggled but did what was asked holding on to table. I was refused my pips. Asked for review 10/9/18 they received it on 11/9/18 today after speaking with advice centre as not heard anything I phoned pip dwp where was informed they replied on the 12/9/18 upholding the decision of refusing me my disability PiPs. I was told have 4 weeks from date of letter to reply to them which has well and truly passed. I was informed by pips department that go to Advice Centre and get them to write explaining why applying late from date of letter.
    Amazing turn around don't you think. 3 days!!! Very questionable I think. 
  • vollante
    vollante Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    So do I.  Don't give up, do as they say get advice and letter from the CAB or other disability help centres. The 4 week deadline may well be waivered in light of the date lines you have been given by the call centre. Ask them for a copy of the decision letter and see what date is on the letter. What the call centre operator tells you and what is there in black and white may not be the same. Good luck and go for professional advice whilst you are waiting.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.