DWP saying that I didnt attend assessment when I did — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP saying that I didnt attend assessment when I did

Options
paul93
paul93 Community member Posts: 69 Connected
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am getting PIP standard and mobility standard and i was on ESA support group now my esa assessment was on 26 november 2018 and i attend that assessment in wolverhapton yesterday i received a letter again that they had rescheduled my assessment on 14th December 2018 i rang appointment help desk and i asked why i need to attend again they said i didnt attend the assessment i said i did because my friend took me there then i asked the phone number from Wolverhampton assessment and i spoke there then they said the same then the gentleman i was talking he said he will call me back then he called me back and said yes you attend the assessment but they have lost the data on there computer so i have to attend that assessment again so please guide me what to do they are just lying and they  cant put there own fault on me and they cant harass me for there own mistakes your advice will be appreciated 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @paul93

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today!!!!!!!

I am sorry to hear about your trials & tribulations with your “pip assessment”

We have got some info on “pip” here on our website.

I will post a link below for you:

https://search.scope.org.uk/s/redirect?collection=scope-meta&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scope.org.uk%2Fsupport%2Fdisabled-people%2Fbenefits%2Fesa&index_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scope.org.uk%2Fsupport%2Fdisabled-people%2Fbenefits%2Fesa&auth=v06jdjhJPug%2BjwqXi7IYeg&profile=_default&rank=1&query=Esa

Please please let me know if I can help you further???

• jenn2008
    jenn2008 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @paul93
    i totally agree that it is unfair to have to attend another interview due to their lack of incompetence but due to this broken system they will prob want proof, When you attended the interview did you have to sign in? As this would register you attended. Did you claim travel expenses ? But if they have lost data then they won’t be able to deal with your claim but still unfair if you have to attend again, maybe request a home visit. But I would deffo be making a complaint 
  • paul93
    Options
    Dear Jenn2008
    I did sign a form on the reception but i didnt claim the travel expensive because one of my friend he drove me there and where i should make the complain? 
  • jenn2008
    Options
    @paul93
    i would ring Atos (assuming it’s atos you had your assessment with ) and tell them you have already attended and signed a form in which it has been logged therefore they need to find your data. Maybe also ask them there complaints procedure and address ( as I don’t know it for your area) I would also ring the dwp and tell them you have already attended and that you feel your being harassed, maybe even get your friend to write a small letter as a witness to say he took you there ect and send it to the dwp 
  • paul93
    Options
    Ok Jenn i will ring DWP and i will find out Atos procedure how to make complaint
    Thanks for your advice
  • jenn2008
    Options
    @paul93
    no problem hope you get sorted 
  • paul93
    Options
    Dear jenn2008
    I rang DWP and made a complaint against assessment centre and they told me that a decision maker will call you back then decision maker did called me and she said yes you attend the assessment but the nurse who assessed me was not qualified so i need to go again and doctor want to assess you which was an another lie then i asked for home visit she said no because you went last time to the centre so you need to visit on yourself then on 14dec my assessment was and i went there and again a nurse assessed me not a doctor now you see how much they are lying.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So you went to the assessment centre and had an assessment which they confirmed was correct. They then lost the file on their computer. They then told you to go to another assessment, refusing a home visit as you went to the assessment centre before so why not again. The explanation was then changed in that you had to have a doctor assess you. You attended only to find a nurse who was to assess you.

Complete fiasco in my opinion. But hey who are we, they say jump and you must ask how high!

Send them a complaint but I doubt it will go anywhere.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.