PIP assessment help! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment help!

Options
Nikki8577
Nikki8577 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Afternoon to all.
im new here and I’m probably just looking for a rant as opposed to anything else. I have Fibromyalgia, Depression, Anxiety, Chronic Fatigue and a multitude of branches from this like carpal tunnel etc
stupidly today was my PIP home assessment which I confused dates with so she caught me out there. Firstly I was up having just been to the toilet so I answered the door very quickly usually answering would take longer. I was also high as a kite on pain relief. I answered as honestly as possible but found it so difficult not being prepared. 
I had planned to not take pain relief so o could maybe be in a position to give a better explanation being clear headed. 
Shes was nice enough very to the point. I did the physical examination and she said I had a good range of movement which I imagine I do when I can’t feel my own face. I feel like it was a disaster ? now I’m in manic mode. I’ve not stopped crying since she left and my anxiety has hit the roof. I’ve had to leave work recently from the pain and anxiety and I feel now like I’ve made a huge mistake quitting my job on a whim. 
Thanks for reading if you got this far! Just needed somewhere to have a moan.

Comments

• TheArrow
    TheArrow Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    Options
    Just relax, if you get a negative response from the DWP then appeal it :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors.

About a week after the assessment you can ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

If you're not happy with the decision then you start the appeal route by first asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nikki8577
    Nikki8577 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    I’m nervous to ask for a copy of the reward because if I don’t like what I read I know it will make me crazy insane over xmas worrying about it. But at the same time I’d like to read it to give me an indication. 
    Thank you for the advice. Going to attempt to stop worrying and let be what will be! X
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not the reward you ask for, it's the assessment report. In this report there will be recommendations. Boxes will have ticks/dots next to them and you compare those against the PIP descriptors to see what score is recommended, if anything.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness