Pip reassessment, didn't get home visit I needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reassessment, didn't get home visit I needed

Options
greengirl
greengirl Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi im wondering if anyone can help i got sent a pip renewal form citizens advice helped to fill it out i suffer wirh extreme depression and anxiety i never go anywhere alone and im never alone even at home i also really struggle with meeting people i tend to have bad meltdown and anxiety attacks i was originally awarded low level pip no mobility in 2016 so when i filled in renewal form i asked for home visit i got sent appointment for miles away my hus 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @greengirl, I'm sorry to hear this. Do you have any medical evidence that could be used to show that you need a home visit? 
  • greengirl
    Options
    Yes ive got a letter from gp but they said that didnt matter and the text message says that dwp have received my assessment report and they will inform me in 6 weeks if its successful i just dont understand how they can say i need a medical and then decide to do a report without one?
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    Which came first, the appointment letter or the text message?  If you have only just received the text message then it is possible they managed to do a paper assessment and you won't need to have the assessment.  If you contact the assessment company they can check whether or not you still need to attend.
  • greengirl
    Options
    The letter came first im just worrying about them just passing it through not assesing it at an appointment because my husband rang and requested home visit and had a bit of a row with the woman on the phone
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Simple answer is they most likely decided they had enough of evidence to do a paper based assessment. It doesn't mean anything other than a face to face wasn't needed. As advised on a previous thread, ring DWP to ask for a copy of the assessment report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • greengirl
    Options
    Thank you i just need to try to stop worrying now

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.