Still waiting — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Still waiting

pinkies
pinkies Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hello guys, firstly I would like to Thankyou for having this great website, it has really been useful as well as helpful.

To re-cap, was claiming esa, Nov 2016 had WCA and only got 9 points, ESA sent me a letter stopping my claim end Jan 2017 and sent me my p45. They told me to now claim UC and to appeal, which I did feb2017. I put in manadatory reconciliation and heard nothing, luckily UC advised me to get fit notes. Dec2017 rang ESA to see what was happening, they said my case had been misfiled and I would hear in 2 weeks. Heard they still said the assessment was correct so went to CAB to do tribunal forms. That was January 2018, waited another 40 weeks, still getting fit notes and adding them to my appeal. Nov 2018, went to tribunal hearing and won. Within a week I got a letter from ESA Belfast saying they owed me 10 days money and paid it into my account ( the 10 days was how long it took me to start my UC claim) . I was told at my hearing I’d go into the support group, that was well over 3 weeks ago and I haven’t heard nothing. I received a uc statement with no disability element, I rang them they said they are waiting for dwp - all the time I feel like the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing and I’m left still waiting in the middle. Can somebody please help me, like is there a Dwp department I can ring to see what’s happening, if it’s not bad enough to struggle with my disability it’s worse now with the anxiety and money worries I have which have been incurred since feb2017. I feel like I’m nearly there but just want to see an an end to all the waiting. 
Many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As the Tribunal was for ESA and you're now claiming UC then DWP should honour the Tribunal decision and place you into the relevant group for UC, which is LCWRA. However, DWP don't always do this but you should put a note on your journal telling them about the Tribunal decision and if you get no joy with that try contacting DWP (UC)

You won't be able to go back onto ESA because you claimed UC.

You could also be re-assessed at anytime for UC LCW.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pinkies
    Thankyou ever so much Poppy123456, I was wondering if you have a telephone number for the Dwp (UC) or a department that would help me. Once again Thankyou you have been a star.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,341 Disability Gamechanger
    No worries. You really should use your online journal and put a note on it.
    Google says this.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • pinkies
    You really have been a star thankyou

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.