How long to hear back for MR? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long to hear back for MR?

PIPnewbie
PIPnewbie Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
My girlfriend sent her MR request via post with letters, evidence, etc. 2 weeks ago.  The DWP have yet to even acknowledge receipt of it.  Is this normal?

If time goes on and it's clear they aren't going to respond or acknowledge they've received the request, can a tribunal still be appealed to?  Thanks.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,940 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2018
    Hi,

There's no timescales to MR decisions, it can be as long as 8 weeks and more.

They don't normally acknowledge they've received the MR request but she can ring and ask if they've received it.

She can't request the Tribunal without the MR decision letter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Polly2
    Polly2 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Its been 7 weeks for me an im still waiting.  Originally had a text from them stating I should hear in 6 weeks but i guess its whenever the decision is made. We just have to wait. 
  • PIPnewbie
    Thanks guys.  Guess it's normal then.
  • PIPnewbie
    Still heard nothing.  Not even acknowledgement of receipt.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,940 Disability Gamechanger
    They don't usually send anything to say they've received the request. There's no time scales for a decision. No harm in ringing to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.