Help with PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with PIP

mumof22018
mumof22018 Community member Posts: 43 Connected
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all new here and recieved my pip form hope this sote can help me along the process 

Comments

• mumof22018
    In feb i took severe twnsion migraine and what i thought was frozen shoulder was working 4 days a week already had ibs and bladder probs due to endometriosis for years many ops emded up womb out so ened up with thwm 2 from that 6 years ago anyway 
    From feb it has progressed chron9c pain shoulders arms hands spine evwn wen i breathe it hirts doc tried cordazone injections steriods antidepressants anteplipesy tablets am on daily 30/500  co codamol two 4 times a day amd 200 to 400 mg tamadol every day sleeping tablets to get 2 hours sleep i am so tired bit cant sleep from pain from sept this has went into hips and lwgs ankles feet u name it doc sent a letter to rhymotology for urgent consultation habe been told could  be summer before  app sent out my 10 year old son now has to help dress me etc and my mum calls evwry day after work to make dinnwr and lunches although my appetit non exsistent have lost stone and half from sept i have wwnt from working full time in jan up to may to off on sick as i am in so much pain and meds hardly do a thing for it there is never  5 minutes a day i am pain free i now get pins and needles in hands and legs and numbmess which is causing falls have ordered crutches bit with arm pain dont know if i will be able to use them and am blacking out with the headaches at least 2 times a week doc has done everything he can tginks its some auto immune disease attacking my bones but i donr know as i am sore to touch in certain parts aawell eg shoulders spine elbows also because of this it has got me so down and my memeory is awful habe to write evwryrhing down or i forget set remiders on phone for tablets and writing so i dont overdose by accident also things people say to me im forgetting near instantly these days it is awful i am only 36 but feel like 90 i habe lost my confidence i dont go out now i communicate by phone or email and am that fed uo have booked a private consultation for feb as i need to save for it my poor son helps me so much during night i feel terrible waking him but i cant move for a good while and beed help to bathroom and down stairs he goes infront i go on bum incase i pass out or legs go 
    My work r good been there 10 years but am waiting on occupational health appointmwnt also 
    So someone suggested pjp 
    Do u think it is wose applying with no offocal diagonsis only the ibs and bladder probs and psorsis on head and invesre on body 
    I am asking my doc to write a letter as he sees or speaks to me at least 2 times a month i habe started to pay a cleaner to come 2 times a month as i cannot hoover or anything like that even tried to peel veg and couldnt made pain so bad 
    My mum has to help me in to bath and then wait incase i pass out or fall and help me out agian and dress so can only do that once a week as it tales so much out of me im so fatigurd bit cant get proper sleeo due to what ever this is and so wide spread i just dont know 
    Thanks in advance for any ideas and what u think about pip  
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    Hi @mumof22018, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and wishing you all the best with your PIP assessment. PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis but how your health affects your day to day life. This online PIP self-test may help to give you an idea of your entitlement in advance, and Citizens Advice has some great online guidance for filling in the PIP form.

We have many members who have been through the process themselves, so do feel free to ask any further questions and we'll do our best to advise. 

Do you have any other care or support in place at the moment?
  • mumof22018
    My son 10 and my mum helps after work atm she cutting her hours to help me more i had to go onto uc to be able to get a wca after 13 weeks as uc was live in my area so only joined 20th nov so will take a while my ssp has finished and am on half pay wich runs out 19th april 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mumof22018, I wonder whether it would be worth considering a needs assessment too, to say if there's any support from social services that could be helpful. You can start that process here, if you're interested.
  • mumof22018
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    You can also request a Young carer's assessment for your son.  Also, please let his school know your situation.  Kids can sometimes act up in school when they are under stress, and it's better they know about it, and can help him.
  • mumof22018
    Thanks i had already spoke to his teacher who is the vice principal he was very understanding and said he was very good no problems as my son likes to help he even does prefect as he is p7 and loves helping the wee ones lol just of phone with doc again as i had such a bad night he said he thought it was fibro and with the sypmtons that have arrived this month on top of what i had said he said he defo thinks that now amd the consultant i am seeing privately in feb knows his stuff he has prescribed me new med to lift later for fibro and a short course of something bwgimnimg woth B for pain and anxiety said to help me get bit short term relief but said just a short course as they r addictive he said so i have booked someone to help me with the pip application as i dont have a clue and have startes a diary from yesterday about my pain i will be able to add on the new meds aswell and get my doc to do a letter to go with it my mum said she  will do a letter wxplaining  that she is cutting hours from jan to help me every day and what she has to do for me and help me with i can only try and am not going to think about it to much as i have enougg to cope with thanks for all your advice 

• Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Just remember that PIP is about how you can manage (or rather not manage) the various activities.  So, some examples of what happened the last few times you tried to dress yourself, wash, cook etc are even more useful than meds lists and doctors letters.  A diary is sensible.  I really do wish you the best of luck with everything.  Your son sounds fantastic, and I'm sure that is down to you!
  • mumof22018
    Thank ypu very mich for yoyr kind words my application due 30th dec so will let u know how it goes thanks to everyone 
  • mumof22018
    Hi all i jad my assesment today at home the lady assesor was lovely didnt rush me looked at all my evidence amd aids she could see i was in pain amd anxious anyway lasted 50 mins didnt ask me to do any movements as my hamds were swollen today amd very sore she said she is suggesting enhamced for both with what she said i  score amd   taking everything into account my application  assesmnet report  and evidence but it will be the descion makers final descion so i will just wait and see not get my hopes up 
    Thing is i have a tax credit overpayment of around 5500 and its being recovered through my universal credit paymemts i will be due back payment from 1st week dec 18 will they take it all of me to pay some of this back does anyone know as i asked dwp and they didn't know 
    Thanks all as your help and advice was great x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The HCP isn't suppose to give you any information about what is being recommended in the assessment report. Wait a week and ring DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

If you're successfully award, it is possible that they can take your backdated money for the overpayment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mumof22018
    Ok tyvm i was very surprised that she told me this is my 1st application and its for fibro i did not rhink i would get anything and would have to appeal well its not decoded yet so il not count my chickens but i was dreading it and i had had 2 panick attacks at weekend and was very bad mon and tue doc had to send me up new tabs so i was very anxious but i spoke to her properly explained everything in detail and looked at her wen i spoke wen i kept forgetting things she said dont worry take ypur time and let me sit and think she could see the pain i was in and my hamds were bad so she didnt ask me to do any movements just talked about if i could do certain things i did say i cant believe how i have ended up like this i loved working and my job so its hard to get head round xx
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @mumof22018 My son is paying back a tax credit over payment at £25 a month. You can ring them and tell them your financial situation and they should agree a repayment plan of an amount you can afford. 
  • mumof22018
    I am already doing that through my universal credit payments but i dont know if i gwt back dated pip will thwy use that to off set some of the tax credits aswell as what i pay ty xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.