PIP phone call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP phone call

Dont_cry_for_me
Dont_cry_for_me Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello. I went for a PIP assessment in mid November. Today I had a phone call from DWP asking for my bank details, even though they have not made a decision.
Is this usual practice or am I getting ahead of myself hoping I'll be excepted?
Kind regards

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    They won't ask for bank details, if a decision isn't made. Also when you apply for PIP you give your bank details at the same time. I wouldn't have thought the reason for ringing was for this. Are you sure it was about PIP?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Unless unless you didn’t fill in your bank details on your application form, if it was DWP you would have had to confirm your identity even if it was PIP, ESA or UC.
  • vollante
    vollante Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Be careful there are fraudsters out there they prey on the venerable, just make sure it is DWP. We are too quick to offer details over the phone accepting that the caller is genuine. I am not in any way trying to disrespect you or your judgement, no offence intended but this happened to a acquaintance 4motnhs ago.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    vollante said:
    Be careful there are fraudsters out there they prey on the venerable, just make sure it is DWP. We are too quick to offer details over the phone accepting that the caller is genuine. I am not in any way trying to disrespect you or your judgement, no offence intended but this happened to a acquaintance 4motnhs ago.
    Hence the reason why I refuse to disclose either of my telephone numbers (landline & mobile) as well as my email address to any part of the civil service.
    If they (including the DWP) want to tell or ask me something they have to write.
  • Dont_cry_for_me
    Dont_cry_for_me Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thank you all for your replies.
    I have no concerns as to it being DWP.
    I didn't take the first call, it was a friend who answered the call.
    I had to ring them back on their 0800 1214433.
    I just thought it was strange that they have not made a decision, but had rang for my bank details?
    He said it would be 6-8 wks before I know if I qualify.
      I went to my assessment with my mental health support worker (She takes me to any appointments I must attend).
    At the assessment I became very upset and they cut the appointment short.
    She said she had enough evidence to make a robust case.
       When we left, my support worker told me she had never known them cut an assessment short? She also said she thought it sounded hopeful that I would receive it?
    Thanks once again for your replies.
    Kind regards
  • aldot
    aldot Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Hi everyone had my phone call off pip to get my bank details and ask few questions how long will I wait to get my back pay now thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    aldot said:
    Hi everyone had my phone call off pip to get my bank details and ask few questions how long will I wait to get my back pay now thanks 

Question answered here. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/101920/pip#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.