HELP letter from benefits integrity department .FEPS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HELP letter from benefits integrity department .FEPS

faydhar
faydhar Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hi I received  a letter from  interventions  esa from the benefit integrity  centre asking me to fill in the severe disability  premium  form  to check if my circumstances  have changed I may be entitled to this  .the pre paid envelope  has the address of Ilford  FEPS ESA  I've looked up FEPS and benefit integrity  centre and it says this department  is for fraud  .please can anyone help why would the fraud department  send me this for as it would be money that I'm owed .I've looked up what forms FEPS would send out and this is not usually one of them

Comments

• faydhar
    Anyone have any advise at all ??
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @faydhar

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you!!!!!

Here’s some info for you below.

https://www.gov.uk/fraud-error-prevention-centres

Please please let me know if I can help you further????
  • faydhar
    Hi Thank you for your reply I've looked at this page  but it says nothing about Feps department  sending forms for you to.apply for the severe disability premium  they usually send forms or.letters  to do.with fraud and requests  for interviews  non of which  I recived  I'm just baffled by it .and anxious. I would be entitled to severe disability  premium i have been on esa since October 2017  just confused.  The front letter  was titled the Ilford  interventions  esa the sdp form had  benefits intergrity  centre on and the pre paid envelope has the FEPS  address on I'm very confused 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @faydhar

I’m very very sorry ? can you please leave it with me??!

Please please don’t worry I will do my best to get to the bottom of it for you!!!!!!!!

If I still can’t find anything for you we can use the “Benefit Advisors”  

Here on our site/community on “Monday”

Please please don’t worry ????

I’m here to help/support you with things!!!!!!!!!
  • faydhar
    Thank you so much 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    @faydhar you will have nothing to worry about if you've recieved a form called an IS10 just fill it in. Then they will pay you with your ESA if entitled.

If you haven't recieved the IS10 form then I don't know what else it could be..
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• faydhar
    Yes I recived  the IS10 form I'm just baffled to why ithas come from the  FEPS  department 
    edited December 2018
    faydhar said:
    Yes I recived  the IS10 form I'm just baffled to why ithas come from the  FEPS  department 

@faydhar there you go, just fill it in and send it back I knew it wasen't nothing to worry about.... But I needed to know it was the right form first before advising any further.. The reason is more than likely is they've seen you should have and may have been able to claim SDP.

I take it you recieve DLA Middle or High rate care, or PIP any rate daily living.

Edited to add, I take it you live on your own and knowone claims carers Allowance  for you to help you.

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• faydhar
    Yes i recive  high rate care and high rate mobility on pip  I recived that for the past 2 years and my Esa claim has been for the past 1 year in which I never recived the sdp premium  I have no non dependants living with me .. it was the FEPS  .. and intergrity  department  that threw me off  because when you search it comes back as fraud department 
    edited December 2018
    faydhar said:
    Yes i recive  high rate care and high rate mobility on pip  I recived that for the past 2 years and my Esa claim has been for the past 1 year in which I never recived the sdp premium  I have no non dependants living with me .. it was the FEPS  .. and intergrity  department  that threw me off  because when you search it comes back as fraud department 
    @faydhar It looks to me as if you will get SDP okay now as to me you fit the criteria, it dosent take into account mobility only Care/Daily living for which you fit that criteria for.

Living own your own.. tick.
    PIP Daily living ..tick.
    Knowone else claiming care allowance on your behalf or for you..tick.

So now just fill it in and get a copy of what you've done and send it recorded delivery.

Dont worry yourself regarding the fraud thing... The IS10 that's the key point here.
    ⬇️

• jan9962
    jan9962 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    hi, I also, had this, and I have sent it all back. but i have got myself into a right state. i feel like a criminal when I haven't done anything wrong.(think its the fraud and error bit) I suffer with dreadful panic and anxiety, which in turn is making my pain worse. sdp is added to my esa  at mo, is this a review. my pip changed to enhanced on both in the last year due to my spine and limited mobility. no-one claims carers allowance for me either. i feel sick, tearful . :(
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jan9962 :) I'm sorry to hear that you feel tearful and worried at the moment. 

Would you be able to tell us a bit more about the letter you received, and what forms you needed to complete? 

Is your doctor aware of the panic and anxiety you've been experiencing? Do you receive any support to help you manage your mental health?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.