Mobility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mobility

Options
paul50meaters
paul50meaters Community member Posts: 3 Listener
ATOS and the DWP should be ashamed of themself using bogus medical assessments to fail disabled people, robbing people of what's rightfully there's , they are being paid to cause misery and suicides , using tax payers money to pay them and to fund the thousands of appeals caused by their regime of misery 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    71% of appeals succeed.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The myth still continues. The assessment is not a medical, it is an assessment of functionality
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nobody  is being robbed of their rights, the PIP
    accessors are accessing individuals claimants against the PIP descriptors veryfying the answers you submitted in your application form to what you reply and answer to the acessor at your acessment. If you have and do focus your answers and reply’s on solely your illnesses, medication and disability when the PIP descriptors is about your abilities to cope in daily life activities as described in the PIP descriptors then you may well feel robbed, let down by the system.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If it were solely the case that those denied PIP didn't show how their disabilities affect their daily living and mobility, then 71% of appeals would not succeed.  My assessment report was inaccurate in many ways and I had to go to appeal which I won.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 118 Listener
    Options
    @Matilda
    I agree my assessment report was so different to my actual words that i wondered why a face to face was required

Brightness