What happens if your review for PIP comes before you go to a tribunal for the previous decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What happens if your review for PIP comes before you go to a tribunal for the previous decision?

Options
justg72
justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
Hi Poppy123456, Cockney Rebel, Mikehughescq and all
I thought I would ask you three for some advise as I do not know what to do. I had a F2F PIP assessment in March 2018 and received no points for both. I put in an MR and received 4 points for care and standard mobility. I am waiting for a tribunal date and where I live the waiting time is 54 weeks this will bring it to September 2019. My PIP runs out in March 2020, so if they call me a year early I will have to be reviewed in March 2019. What happens when this happens and I still have not been to a tribunal?  Many thanks  

Comments

• Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm sure they'll be along soon, but as far as I know, the review claim decision will be effective from the date that it is made.  The tribunal decision will only apply for the period up to that new decision but you will get any back payment that is due if the tribunal awards in your favour.
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    hi Tardis
    Thanks for responding I may have 2 tribunals then as when it comes to my review I bet I get awarded not enough to get anything once again. I have just had a representative looking at my case and he said I have a strong one so he is going to ask DWP to look at it again before it goes to a tribunal. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.