Universal credit limited capability for work and work related activity — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit limited capability for work and work related activity

Options
joshmcin22
joshmcin22 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
hi all! 

I have recenely received a letter saying that they decide that I have the above and that they will look to see if they have any back payments that they owe me. Is this from the date I started getting universal credit or just the time that I send the medical questionnaire back? 

Comments

• Spibes
    Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Options
    From my knowledge it's after the 13th week but unsure if the UC backpayments rules are the same as the ESA rules, most rules are the same apart from permitted work so I think it's that but can't say for certain. 

Congrats on you award really pleased for you. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news.
    LCWRA isn't paid for the first 3 months of your claim from the time you sent your first fit note in. It's paid starting from the 4th month of your claim for LCW.
    See link and scroll down to waiting period.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • joshmcin22
    Options
    Thank you both! I’m still on the new style ESA and in the 13 week assessment bit which runs out in January. I’ve also applied for pip but that got turned down which mainly wasn’t even my fault so now waiting for a tribunal date which I am aware they are extremely long!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    New style ESA isn't part of UC and the assessment period starts from when you applied and not from when you sent in your fit notes. It's different to UC, as you posted in UC part of the forum, i assumed you were talking about that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • joshmcin22
    Options
    New style ESA isn't part of UC and the assessment period starts from when you applied and not from when you sent in your fit notes. It's different to UC, as you posted in UC part of the forum, i assumed you were talking about that.
    Sorry I’m new to it all never ever done it before so I get confused as to what’s what. Thanks for your help 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.