How do i find out if i'm owed esa backpayment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do i find out if i'm owed esa backpayment

knowy0151
knowy0151 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi iv been on eas since the change over from incapacity benifet. How do i find out if i'm owed money. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    DWP are in the process of contacting everyone that moved across and there's no need to contact them. There's 1000's of people that need contacting so there's a backlog.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • knowy0151
  • moggie57
    moggie57 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    dont really understand this refund stuff. my sister has received 20,000 £ and so has her partner ,yet she works part time online.. whereas me has been to 3 tribunals and passed them all. am really skint and have moved from incapabilty money to esa income based esa. am i going to get a refund? i bet i dont.....
  • knowy0151
    Same here won all past tribunals now in support group. Probably get nout
  • poppy123456
    It will totally depend on your circumstances. Partner that works, savings/capital and other household income.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • robbie23568
    robbie23568 Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Will an esa refund affect future hb and ctax awards ,will they want money as we should of had more weekly money when hb and ctax was asessed
  • poppy123456
    Will an esa refund affect future hb and ctax awards ,will they want money as we should of had more weekly money when hb and ctax was asessed
    No. Any backdated money you receive is disregarded for 52 weeks.
  • misscraft
    misscraft Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I did mine about 12 weeks again I was contact about it first send the form sent the form back off  not Hurd anything yet . Looks like I was put on to  contribute based when shouldn’t been on  premium based esa back in 2011 . I get pip high for both seen lot people with problems with changing form dla to pip but I didn’t . Only me in the house only me with income . It’s tuck a  awhile  To do the form because am always worrying when comes to money and forms . I filled it in anyway best I can but the worry and stress off waiting is making me ill just want it over With. I be happy with getting what I get now  anything else is a bonus .wish it would be over with now I know there busy with back log of people . Don’t no if I should ring them see if there is any updates 
  • robbie23568
    No. Any backdated money you receive is disregarded for 52 weeks.
    Excuse my ignorance ,does that mean i have 12 months to spend it ,dont really understand disregard ,thanks
  • poppy123456
    Disregard means if the amount is over the savings limit allowed then your means tested benefits won't be affected. The lower savings limit is £6,000 and the higher amount is £16,000.
  • robbie23568
    Thanks for that

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.