3 points short of PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

3 points short of PIP

Needhelp2323
Needhelp2323 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I need help I lost my decision to pip by 3 points I feel like they didn’t listen to me also never noted things I said...they said I didn’t seem to be depressed as didn’t seem to be underweight so I must eat etc also they said because I have a bank account and have direct debits it means I can manage things that’s not the case my brother does all those things for me which I said...do yous think an appeal is worth it I’m on Kirst medication also been referred to mental help by doctors as only a month  ago I had over dose all this is so stressing please no bad comments also has anyone ever won an appeal x

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Needhelp2323

Good Morning & Welcome ??

I am very very sorry ??? 2 read your post/problems!!!!!!

We have got a “Benefit Calculator” on here.

Yes we do need to re do it as soon as you can!!!!

We have got some info to help us along!!!!!!!!!!!

Please please let me how you feel???????
  • Needhelp2323
    Yes please xx any help possible xx
  • steve51
    Hi @Needhelp2323

That’s great news!!!!!

Shall we do the Calculater 1st ?????

Or do you want to go through the info 1st ??

Doing both will be too much to be honest.

Please please let me know what you want to do ?????????
  • Needhelp2323
    Calculator please x
  • steve51
    Hi @Needhelp2323

Thats great I will need to have some info as we go along if that is ok?????
  • Needhelp2323
    Yes that fine x
  • steve51
    Hi @Needhelp2323

”Great Stuff”

Here we go: 

No 1. Are you & Anyone else In the household “British”  ??

No 2. Are you / anyone are a student ??

No 3. Would you like to have the result emailed to you???

No 4. Are you or your partners on U/C ????

5. Your “DOB”

6. Do you have a illness or disability???

7. Do you live with your partner?????

8. Do you have any children????

9. Are you & your down to be foster parents 

10. What is your housing situation???

11. Are you living in shared accommodation??

12. Postcode??

13. Employment Status????

Can you please fill these questions in for me???!

We will probably have some more questions afterwards to go through together????

Many Thanks ??

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Needhelp2323, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing this with us, and I'm so sorry to hear about your PIP decision. That must have been really disappointing for you. 

Your next step would be a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR). You can find out how to get started with this on Scope's page on appealing DWP decisions. There's also a great online tool for writing your MR letter on the AdviceNow website. Hope this helps you get started, and please do come back to us with any questions.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    A benefits calculator asking all that information is of no use what so ever for a PIP claim, i'm afraid.

You're next step is to ask for a mandatory reconsideration (MR) and you have 28 days to request this. You'll need to put your request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. For each descriptor that you think applies to you, you need to put 2-3 examples of what happened that last time you did that activity.

I'd advise getting some face to face advice from either welfare rights or a law centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Needhelp2323
    Yes I am also they said letter from my brother who cares for me will help I am also getting writing letter of my doctor too..hopefully they will see I feel like she didn’t listen at all also to say I can manage money because I have a bank card and direct debits yes I am going to have direct debits clearly cos I can’t manage to go out and pay also my brother manages all that side to stuff xx
  • poppy123456
    You need to give 2-3 examples of what happened the last time you did that activity and do this for each descriptor you think you should have scored points in.

Telling then you can't manage money isn't good enough. You need to tell them why you can't manage your own money, when does your brother help you? What would happen if you didn't have your brother and you would have to manage your money by yourself. This is what they'll be looking for.

A letter from your GP will only help if it states how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. Very few GPs know any of this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Needhelp2323
    Yes I will state all of them reasons if I don’t have my brother I would honestly be lost to do anything as I don’t leave the house by myself and don’t travel far with anyone my doctor knows quite a lot about my past and what has went on he knows I don’t leave the house that’s why he has now referred me to mental health and I was recently put on with crisis team after a over doase he has also put me on more medication etc...I couldn’t turn up to counciling as I was by myself and he knows I don’t leave my house by myself... I explained all this and the woman said I can plan journey by myself etc but that isn’t the case...I can only be truthfull when I roadkills and that’s what I am going to do...she nicked me on so many points also my doctor thinks so..so hopefully x
  • Needhelp2323
    I mean be truthfull when re apply x
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes I am also they said letter from my brother who cares for me will help I am also getting writing letter of my doctor too..hopefully they will see I feel like she didn’t listen at all also to say I can manage money because I have a bank card and direct debits yes I am going to have direct debits clearly cos I can’t manage to go out and pay also my brother manages all that side to stuff xx

Do you not have online banking? You don't need to go out to the bank you can do it all from home. It's very easy to set up.
    I would be lost without it myself and it avoids going out.
  • poppy123456
  • Needhelp2323
    I will have look thankyou...and my brother has my bank cards I let him do my bills and everything else xx
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    We have a video about Mandatory Reconsideration here that may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    steve51 said:
    Hi @Needhelp2323

”Great Stuff”

Here we go: 

No 1. Are you & Anyone else In the household “British”  ??

No 2. Are you / anyone are a student ??

No 3. Would you like to have the result emailed to you???

No 4. Are you or your partners on U/C ????

5. Your “DOB”

6. Do you have a illness or disability???

7. Do you live with your partner?????

8. Do you have any children????

9. Are you & your down to be foster parents 

10. What is your housing situation???

11. Are you living in shared accommodation??

12. Postcode??

13. Employment Status????

Can you please fill these questions in for me???!

We will probably have some more questions afterwards to go through together????

Many Thanks ??

Hi @steve51 I know you are trying to help, but we wouldnt advise that anyone give this sort of information out on the community.  
    Scope
  • steve51
    Hi @Sam_Scope

I’m very very sorry for this.

I won’t do it in future.

Sorry!!!
  • Sam_Alumni
    No probs @steve51 I know you are such a great support to so many people and just wanted to let you know on this point.

I hope youre having a great day :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.