Am I being paid the right ESA and how long for a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I being paid the right ESA and how long for a decision?

crazybee
crazybee Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Iv sent back the form i wase asked to fill in anyone know how long it takes to get a repky bk thank you

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @crazybee

Good Evening it’s great to meet you today!!!!!

Can you please let me know what the form was for???

I can then assist you further?????
  • crazybee
    Its to check weather thayv been paying me the right type of esa after it wase swapped over from incapasity benifit from 2014 its not a new claim its because thay owe some claiments money x
  • steve51
    Hi @crazybee

Sorry yes it’s part of the payments owed from the crossover from your “Incapasity Benefit”

Please please let me know know you need any further help????
  • crazybee
    Iv sent the form bk hv u any idea how long it  takes before thayblet u no a disicion stevie and thank yu for ur help escuese the grammer my eyes are bad n meds hv kicked in x
  • steve51
    Hi @crazybee

No probs, I have just had a look ? for you but there doesn’t seem to be any info at all Sorry ? don’t worry about the grammar!!!!
     I only possess one eye ? nowadays following my “Stroke”
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @crazybee, and welcome!

Waiting times can vary according to where you live, but hopefully some of our members will be able to advise further. Fingers crossed for the outcome you're hoping for!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

12 weeks is the approximate waiting times for the assessment for Income related top up.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • crazybee
    Thats norm for a new claum im allready getting it im just waiting to hear weather thayv underpaid me for past 4yrs since thay swapped over from incapasaty bennifit xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    crazybee said:
    Thats norm for a new claum im allready getting it im just waiting to hear weather thayv underpaid me for past 4yrs since thay swapped over from incapasaty bennifit xx
    A new ESA claim takes about 3 weeks, not 12. I'm afraid the time i stated above of 12 weeks is the correct time frame for the underpayment decisions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • crazybee
    Ok thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.