What happens if your review for PIP comes before you go to a tribunal for the previous decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What happens if your review for PIP comes before you go to a tribunal for the previous decision?

Options
justg72
justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi Poppy123456, Cockney Rebel, Mikehughescq and all
I thought I would ask you three for some advise as I do not know what to do. I had a F2F PIP assessment in March 2018 and received no points for both. I put in an MR and received 4 points for care and standard mobility. I am waiting for a tribunal date and where I live the waiting time is 54 weeks this will bring it to September 2019. My PIP runs out in March 2020, so if they call me a year early I will have to be reviewed in March 2019. What happens when this happens and I still have not been to a tribunal?  Many thanks  

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your tribunal only affects the claim assessed in March 2018 any result will be limited to the day before a new decision is made.
    So if  you are reassessed in march 2019, when a new decision is made that will supercede the award you currently have. As the tribunal that has not yet taken place is part of your current award, if successful, any back dated money will be limited upto  that date.
    When you have the result of your reveiw this also carries the right to appeal if you are unhappy with the award
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi Many thanks for replying I have learned so much off people on this site. It's all new to me as before I was working and had never claimed benefits.  Thanks again for acurate advice.  This helps so much mike [removed by moderator],  Cockley rebel 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.