Just got my outcome from tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just got my outcome from tribunal

Weedavey72
Weedavey72 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Update on my tribunal outcome

i have just got back from Court and I won the tribunal! 

Ive waited nearly 2 years for this and I was in Court for less than an hour - the DWP didn’t even turn up and the judge, Dr and Disability expert were all lovely. They made the decision after a 5 minute recess, emailed it to the DWP immediately and also advised its backdated to the beginning of the claim....it’s been a nightmare journey but it’s been awarded for 3 years and I’ll focus now on getting better 

Thanks to everyone on here for advice and support, you’ve all been great. 

Good luck to everyone else going through it all

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done, staying focused on what is right has seen you through the long process. Shouldn’t be like this but people like yourself who have, can remain strong are an inspiration to other about to start the tribunal journey. Good and improved health now and into the future.
  • Weedavey72
    Weedavey72 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Thanks Wilko - it’s not been easy but worthwhile 
  • pllfan88
    pllfan88 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    That's great news well done! 

I recently won at my sons tribunal after he scored 0 last October. Like you say, it's not easy but it will be worth it in the end. It is a shame people in need have to fight for what they are entitled to.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I am so pleased for you!! I know how tough it is to keep fighting but well done you!! Im sorry you had to go through two years of stress but Im glad you got this news.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.