Help please, PIP after successful tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help please, PIP after successful tribunal

Colman93
Colman93 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi there was just wondering if anyone had some info on pip after successful tribunal. I had my benefit stopped due to not being able to attend a medical on the 19/06/18 however the tribunal accepted my appeal on the 26/11/18 due to my significant and enduring health problem. I recently called pip helpline and they said a payment of £12 is due in my account, but my pip is not reinstated yet does anyone know what I should do or what happens next?

many thanks 

Comments

• Colman93
    Also I have no idea where they got the £12 payment from seems s bit ridiculous 
  • Colman93
    Dwp also received decision on 27/11 I am really confused as they have paid me £12 for some reason but I’m still not in receipt of pip 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Accepted your appeal? Where you given an award by the Tribunal or have they accepted your reasons for not attending the assessment and now you have to have the assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Colman93
    Yes they accepted my reasons for not attending I’ve been on pip for almost 2 years
  • poppy123456
    This means you'll still need the assessment. Not sure about your payments being reinstated though. Someone else will post with the answer i'm sure.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Colman93
    I got granted home assessment due to my condition, thanks for helping 
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    I won my Pip appeal does anyone know get back how long to wait or my first payment 
  • poppy123456
    I won my Pip appeal does anyone know get back how long to wait or my first payment 
    Great news. It can take 8 weeks for payments to start and to be paid any back dated money owed. If the decision was recently then don't expect any money before Christmas.
  • Oggie
    Oggie Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I'm thinking the tribunal was concerning you to be allowed to be reassessed having missed an appointment. I think you will now need to do another assessment which if you are awarded, will be backdated to the date money was stopped. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.