Should I reapply? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I reapply?

Reeneroo1980
Reeneroo1980 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi Everyone just wondering if I should reapply for Esa?
I was on Esa in 2015 for a couple month then went for a f2f and was told I was fit for work so I lost the benefit. 
My partner works full time so I was told I'd get the contributions one but when I phoned Esa I'd only get stamps because I haven't paid enough stamps what the hell does that mean and would I receive money. Ive recently applied for pip and currently waiting for a response. 
Please can you help?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Basically this means that you maybe able to claim Income related ESA but won't be paid any money because you live with a partner that works full time. Claiming for a new or worsening condition could be possible but you'll be credited with your NI credits towards your state pension only but you'll still have to go through the assessment process to get this paid. This may not even be possible at all if your area is a full Universal credit area. http://ucpostcode.entitledto.co.uk/ucdate

Claiming Contributions based ESA will depend on your NI contributions in the previous 2 tax years, as you haven't worked them unfortunately you won't be able to claim this either.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Reeneroo1980
    Reeneroo1980 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Thank you @poppy123456

Now I understand sometimes I think the person on the end of the phone think we are all in Mensa they get me soo confused and I can't wait to hang up lol 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.