I have waited over 30 weeks for my PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have waited over 30 weeks for my PIP appeal

Options
nikkii
nikkii Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have waited over 30 weeks for my PIP appeal. My MP asked about it but has waited over their 20 days return answer period. Has anyone else waited this long for their appeal?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @nikkii Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  I am sure there will be members of community who can identify what you are going through.

Will be in touch.

Glad to hear your MP in involved .

We are a friendly, supportive community. Care and share.

Please ask if we can advise some one in our team or community will know.

Please take care

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Waiting times for Tribunal hearings are huge in most parts of the country. Some areas are waiting at least 1 year for a hearing date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nikkii, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you've been waiting for such a long time, I know it's often the waiting part that can feel the most difficult. I hope the above response is helpful, and please do let us know if you have any further questions. Fingers crossed things move forwards for you soon! 
  • Whatsyourpoint
    Whatsyourpoint Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I waited a year for my tribunal which was heard without me being present and without notice ( which they are able to do ) I did win my appeal so when people say you need to be there fir a better chance of winning it’s not true . It’s surprising because I crossed out virtually all of the’ medical assessors comments and wrote in large capitals . Lie or Liar . I also wrote that I would be seeking an independent judicial review of my ‘medical ‘ as she refused to tell me her specific qualifications , just ‘background in physio and nursing ‘. If I were a nurse I would say . I am a qualified nurse or physio so I can only assume she was neither . Even is she were one or the other she was not able to over ride the opinions of a Consultant .
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @Whatsyourpoint!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.