Reassesment interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassesment interview

Options
ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 177 Courageous
My brother was due to have a second reassesment  today 12th december but yesterday he received a text telling him it has been cancelled and theres a letter in the post.
He in support group and cant walk anymore than a couple of feet without having to stop.
The dwp have proof of this and they still wanted him to travel.
Any guess why theyve cancelled his appt

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

No one on an internet forum could possibly tell you the reasons why it's been canceled. He could ring the health assessment providers and ask them, they'll tell him. It would be nothing to do with DWP until the report has been returned to them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ollieandduke
    Options
    Ok no worries hes been told the same as me that if you pass a second assesment you dont have to have another one again so he thought maybe the had decided to just accept his medical evidence and cancel the appt. I will get him to ring them
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ok no worries hes been told the same as me that if you pass a second assesment you dont have to have another one again
    This is not correct, sorry. I've had 3 assessments for ESA, 2 face to face assessments and 1 paper based assessment. My most recent one was only about 6 weeks ago.

Those that are placed into the severe conditions group, if you're already in the Support Group won't have to be re-assessed again after the next assessment. There's criteria to this and not everyone will be placed into this group.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ollieandduke
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.