Does pip get reinstated after winning apeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does pip get reinstated after winning apeal

Options
Colman93
Colman93 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
i recently won my tribunal on 26/11 for a failure to attend a medical I have been on pip for roughly over two years and my benefit was stopped on 19/06, will my pip be reinstated while I wait for another medical? (Which takes place at my home now due to my condition)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,279 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

There's no point starting another thread with the same question. As i said in your last thread, i'm sure someone will see it and be able to answer your question soon. The forum does have it's quiet times and evening is one of those times.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    NO until you attend an assessment your benefit will not be restored if you are given anaward then it wil be backdated
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Colman93 said:
    i recently won my tribunal on 26/11 for a failure to attend a medical I have been on pip for roughly over two years and my benefit was stopped on 19/06, will my pip be reinstated while I wait for another medical? (Which takes place at my home now due to my condition)
    As has been said you will have to wait for the decision letter from the DWP following an assessment.

If you do get an award eventually it will be backdated to June.
    If you don't get an award than no you will not get anything from June onwards.
    Because the award was stopped for failure to attend, and if you don't get an award then the DWP will not pay out what you would have had had you not failed to attend.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,279 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If after the assessment you're not awarded anything then you can of course ask for the MR then Tribunal if that fails.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.