Lies in PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lies in PIP assessment

henryclifford122
henryclifford122 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I went for my assessment in Nottingham at first I thought everything went untill I got told I can not get pip when they sent my report out and read it I could not believe what she put saying I did thing like standings on one leg and other things when I didn't do any of the things see said this has turned my life upside down people like that shouldn't be able to do assessments with the liès she wrote about the assessment 

Comments

• CaraLee
    CaraLee Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Hello henryclifford122 welcome to the community it's great to meet you  :)
    So sorry to hear about your negative experience, It is terrible that somebody would lie and cause you such distress. Have you considered making a complaint and appealing the decision there is lots of information on scope about how you can do so. Wishing you all the best.   
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    Hi @henryclifford122, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear this, it must have been really frustrating to find out that outcome and feel you haven't been heard. Unfortunately, I'm sure many community members here will be able to relate to your experiences. 

Your next step is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR). Our members will be able to offer guidance with this, but this Scope page on DWP appeals may help you get started. Do keep us updated, and we'll advise where we can.

https://youtu.be/4sOsiEFo-Ck
  • henryclifford122
    henryclifford122 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have asked for them to look again and they still said no that's why they sent by out the report now I have to get the doctor to give me a letter but that's  not the point it get me so mad how one person can put things in a report is I get the doctor to say I can not do the things she said I can is their anything to stop her doing it again
  • tosh
    tosh Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    hi sorry to hear about that. 
    i would also ask for a copy of actual full assessment report, its a bit of an eye opener as to actually has been forwarded to the decision maker,hope this helps 
  • Skinpup
    Skinpup Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi @HenryClifford122
    I’ve just been through a similar experience with employment and support assessment! 
    Its really helpful to find an advocacy service to support you while you apply for mandatory reconsideration. There is a very good chance you will need to appeal to a tribunal to get the benefit you are owed, yes it’s crazy you have to jump through hoops like this but that seems to be the system. 
    A good place to start is your GP or local Citizens Advice Bureaux and ask for support while you appeal your claim. 
    Good luck! 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    How are you doing @henryclifford122, any updates?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Welcome to the community @Skinpup, and thanks for sharing this with us. I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences. Thank you for sharing your tips, I'm sure they'll be appreciated by others! 
  • tosh
    yes totally agree asseors tell lies, quite a few whoppers on my report, one such as  managing toilet needs, the "nurse" wrote can manage,, maybe she forgot to read the miriad of official drs, proffessor, physchatrist,, physio reports that were sent to dwp, which she said had read  totally omitting ibs from her report, funnily enough she also omitted the prescribed medication from a list of ten, wich clearly states i am prescribed medication for the condition, 
  • tosh
    forgot to add  the condition and medication were discussed at assessment 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    tosh said:
    yes totally agree asseors tell lies, quite a few whoppers on my report, one such as  managing toilet needs, the "nurse" wrote can manage,, maybe she forgot to read the miriad of official drs, proffessor, physchatrist,, physio reports that were sent to dwp, which she said had read  totally omitting ibs from her report, funnily enough she also omitted the prescribed medication from a list of ten, wich clearly states i am prescribed medication for the condition, 
    Probably it was inconvenient for the assessor to include it all?
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes to much information sent is just that it’s to much, it may be better to send in the main points concerns that affect, impact on your daily life in relationship to the PIP descriptors. After all that’s what the acessment is about not yours, or my illness or disability the medication list is required for confirmation of our illnesses ect.
  • tosh
    wilko, thanks for your comment, but when a diagnosis is completely omitted  wich i did state was repeatedly presented on numerous evidence  ang a current medication list is provided,, i have to ask  how you think  that "they may well be overwelmed," .?
    perhaps one might think a health care practitioner may be excused in a & e, at times of severe overload in a disaster type of environment, but  a one on one assessment,with all the facts in front of them    i dont think so,  hope your mind set would think it "well thats ok then in a crown court ..  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.