Pip hell — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip hell

Options
Nikki76
Nikki76 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
Hi 
I applied for pip in June 2018,of course l didn't get it,l I did mandatory  also failed that, l did appeal 25 July,I have been sending tons of my mental health, from gp,councillor,letters tons of letters,my last assessment from my councillor did a fresh assessment, she wrote,my self harm,my not eating properly,l have a support dog,that helps me go shop cos l can't go alone,plus l live alone have no one in my life to do it for me.
In August, l had letter from tribunal saying the respondent has 30 days to respond ,and that my case in going in my favour,without the need for a hearing, on 18th Sept I had letter from dwp saying they have all evidence they need and will contact me,with decision,it's now 6th December,I called pip to see what hell going on,they said under my notes there's no record of that letter,l said you sent it,it wrong to give people false hope like that,l have had enough,l sent a letter to tribunal bout what they have done to me,they have lied again,I have to say to people good luckwith your pip appeal,cos me l have been lied to that is wrong,pip needs to stop playing with people's lives,and money,l have given up,l am thinking on writing a letter to tribunal to cancel my pip appeal,pip have lied to me again l can't cope with it

Comments

• justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi nikki76                                    So sorry to hear that you have been refused pip. Have you got a copy of the letter they said hadn't been sent?  If so copy the letter and send a photo copy. You mentioned that you have had no help with your pip you could contact citizens advice CAB and ask them to help they will support you with advice etc. I know it's really hard to find a representative to come to a tribunal with you however I would mention to CAB that you have nobody to support you.  They may know if a charity maybe able to offer an advocate to come to the tribunal with you for support. You are not alone how this whole pip process makes you feel and you want to give up. I have felt like this and many others have on this forum. You also get advice and support on the scope site just ask because people will help you. I am waiting for my tribunal and I have felt like giving up. Then I think why should I I am going to fight back don't let them get away with this. I would seek help and advice first and then make your mind up. Good luck and take care.  If you need to talk I am here so don't hesitate to contact me on site. Xx
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Nikki

You should contact the tribunal clerk to find out what is going on and how long the waiting time in your area is
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Nikki76
    Nikki76 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    Update
    The pip appeals team,called me,to explain what going on,my stuff l sent to pip tribunal they have asked pip to look at my claim,cos l have a lot of evidence with my mental health,pip have sent it to a health professional for advice,then the case manager has it back,then if they award me pip ,pip will call me to make offer,if l do not accept the offer l can still go to appeal,but she said still keep sending evidence cos just in case,l said to her l went on a universal credit medical,that was fine,the nurse totally understood the mental health,she sent me home,cos l was distraught,they said to try get copy of my report l said universal credit is the hardest thing to pass,they put me in lcwra group,l said why did l fail pip assessment but passed universal credit,it's bloody weird this lol
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Nikki76 said:
    Update
    The pip appeals team,called me,to explain what going on,my stuff l sent to pip tribunal they have asked pip to look at my claim,cos l have a lot of evidence with my mental health,pip have sent it to a health professional for advice,then the case manager has it back,then if they award me pip ,pip will call me to make offer,if l do not accept the offer l can still go to appeal,but she said still keep sending evidence cos just in case,l said to her l went on a universal credit medical,that was fine,the nurse totally understood the mental health,she sent me home,cos l was distraught,they said to try get copy of my report l said universal credit is the hardest thing to pass,they put me in lcwra group,l said why did l fail pip assessment but passed universal credit,it's bloody weird this lol
    It's how the PIP system works - it's all about the impact on your life and fitting that to the descriptors.

I sent in a 6 page report from the CMHT for older people along with a medical report carried out by a DWP doctor for another type of disability benefit. All of those were specifically for mental health.

However the assessor quoted 14 reasons why I do not have any mental health issues - gobsmacked at the time - but hey that's how it goes. I didn't give the DWP the time of day over that as I know what my problems are even if they don't believe me.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.