PIP Report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Report

Nikki8577
Nikki8577 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
hi all. 
Just had my report back from PIP not got decision yet but it’s clear what the decision will be. 
I was given nil points on each section by the assessor. I’ve read the report and feel very let down. 
Do I now have to wait for the decision letter to tell me before I can do anything? 
Trying not to let it get to me but I’m pretty annoyed all in all! 

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Yes once received do MR as soon as you get it.
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    You can't request a Mandatory Reconsideration until you have received the decision letter.  You can, however, get a head start on writing down your case for where you should have scored points and why.  
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Tardis, is right having the report ahead of the award letter gives you an heads up ready to have a MR if required. What ever you decide focus on how your illness, disability impacts on your daily live In relationship to the PIP descriptors. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Nikki8577 said:
    hi all. 
    Just had my report back from PIP not got decision yet but it’s clear what the decision will be. 
    I was given nil points on each section by the assessor. I’ve read the report and feel very let down. 
    Do I now have to wait for the decision letter to tell me before I can do anything? 
    I had that situation three times in a row. After the third, like you, I felt totally deflated and let down by the system. I just didn't have it in me to argue with the DWP anymore and gave up.
  • Tardis
    @yadnad; OP posted asking what they could do and when.  Your mantra of 'just give up' doesn't help anyone.
  • lindadenise
    I am going to tribunal on monday. I am seeing to the end 
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    Tardis said:
    @yadnad; OP posted asking what they could do and when.  Your mantra of 'just give up' doesn't help anyone.
    I tend to agree with you Tardis...I'm new to this forum but it does seem that the "see it to the ends" comfortably outnumber the "just give up."
  • Nikki8577
    I will be taking mine all the way. I find it both heartbreaking and disgusting that somebody can sit on my sofa and judge my pain. The notes state I did not appear in pain or anxious. She stated I smiled and answered her perfectly. Half the time I would ask my partner. Lots of what she said made no sense. My partner said as soon as she walked in the house he could see I had no chance of getting pip. I was off my tree on medication during the review!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    advicenow.org.uk/pip-tool 

will generate a mandatory reconsideration submission letter
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Tardis said:
    Totally agree with you here. It just seems like the story never ends and doesn't help anyone's situation.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Nikki8577 said:
    hi all. 
    When writing the letter of request for the MR you need to point out where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding 2/3 examples of what happened the last time you did that activity.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nikki8577
    Thank you all so much and that website link was amazing help I’ve already filled that in ready to arm myself. I’m also signing up for a disability rights service who will hopefully help me. Sick of being judged because I don’t look in pain or distress. ?
  • lindadenise
    Great i wish you luck i have my Tribunal on Monday will let you know how i get on.

• Nikki8577
    Great i wish you luck i have my Tribunal on Monday will let you know how i get on.

Wishing you lots of luck I’m sure all will be okay. Thanks for the support 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2018
    cristobal said:
    Tardis said:
    I tend to agree with you Tardis...I'm new to this forum but it does seem that the "see it to the ends" comfortably outnumber the "just give up."
    I would agree with you. But what you must remember that for whatever reason there are some amongst us that simply could not face due to their illness/disability the stress involved in taking a claim to appeal.

I have been on both sides - wanting to give up as it seemed so hopeless but having the mental health team, social worker and social services welfare do the work for me that it was resolved before the tribunal and having no one to advise and just not able to cope with the stress of it all so had to give up.

It's not a black and white situation. some give up others don't it all depends on how ill/sick/disabled they are and what help is offered by the professionals

I have never been in a situation in claiming any benefits except after I became too ill to cope.
  • lindadenise
    I have my appeal today i am very nervous stressed and had a sleepless night.
    I will let you know how i get on 
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    @lindadenise good luck and leu is know 
  • lindadenise
    Will do not looking forward to it
  • Tardis
  • Nikki8577
    Best of luck 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.