Has assessor ticked the wrong box? — Scope | Disability forum

Has assessor ticked the wrong box?

lindamor Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
When applying for pip my husband had a consultation at home by The assessor. She observed that he is breathless at rest and also in pain even when resting. 
When we read her report in the moving around descriptor she ticked d. 
Can you tell me when someone is constantly in pain when not even working and breathless when resting should she have ticked e or f. 
I was under the impression that it should be so not sure if we want them to look at it again.


  • CaraLee
    CaraLee Member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Welcome to the community @lindamor it's great to meet you!  :) 
    We have lots of wonderful people in this community with a wide range of experience and knowledge so I am sure somebody will be able to help you find some answers. Have you received a full report and break down about the decisions made? If not you can request these. These things may provide an idea of why they chose to tick D and you could appeal if you disagree with the decision. I have attached a link to the information regarding PIP and appealing on Scope hope there is some information there that might. help.
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 2,948

    Scope community team

    @CaraLee has given you some good advice there. I will move your question to our PIP discussions. Our members are very helpful and would have experienced something similar I'm sure.

    Specialist Information Officer and Cerebral Palsy Programme Lead

    'Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to tell us about your experience in the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • lindamor
    lindamor Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you caralee and richard
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 24,800 Disability Gamechanger
    This will depend on how far he can walk without pain and discomfort and no one can tell you the answer to that on an internet forum. You'll need to wait for the decision and once you have that if you disagree then you'll need to get face to face advice before requesting the MR. No one can tell you if there's any risk to an award he may already have by asking for the MR.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.