Phone call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone call

Reeneroo1980
Reeneroo1980 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi Everyone 
Just a update on my claim for PIP.
I received a phone call today off DWP And presume the DM who was a friendly person asking a few questions about some the ailments I have and need a bit more info about them 
After I answered his questions I then bravely asked about the decision and he said I'd been awarded the daily living but didn't say standard or enhanced. But I'm wondering if anyone has had a phone call like this and why was he asking for more info on certain ailments? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    They sometimes ring before making a decision, they did this with me for my PIP review 2 years ago. I wasn't told the decision at the time though.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Reeneroo1980
    Hi @poppy123456
    He did say that I'd receive my decision through the post in next couple days after he's worked out how much I'm entitled to. 
    Just wondering if I'd Be entitled to back payment Cos it will definitely come on handy right now. 
  • poppy123456
    Back payment, if transferring from DLA then there's no backdated money. If it's a PIP review then payments will be from the date of decision. If it's a change of circumstances for PIP then backdated money will be paid from the date you rang to report the changes. If it's a first time PIP claim without transferring from DLA then it's paid from the date you rang to start your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Reeneroo1980
    Hi @poppy123456

Its a brand new claim I've never applied before as I didn't know I could with my partner working full time xx
  • Spibes
    Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Great news you at least got daily living standard, fingers crossed it's enhanced. Still waiting on my assessors report dreading it to be honest but just got to remain hopeful. 
  • Reeneroo1980
    Hi @Spibes
    I hope you get your assessment back soon ?? And try not be disheartened if there are lies said it's looks like that's the norm with the assesors xx 
  • poppy123456
     if there are lies said it's looks like that's the norm with the assesors xx 
    That's not always true. People do have good assessment reports but we rarely hear the good stories. I've never had a bad report and i've had 3 PIP assessments and 3 ESA assessments.
  • Reeneroo1980
    Hi @poppy123456
    I apologise your right its a shame people don't post positive feedback ? I was going from what I've read on here it's crazy how many people have had bad feedback xx 
  • Spibes
    Spibes Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
    Both of my two previous esa assessment reports were very accurate. But I know pip is very different and is assesed by a different company, I remain hopeful. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
     if there are lies said it's looks like that's the norm with the assesors xx 
    That's not always true. People do have good assessment reports but we rarely hear the good stories. I've never had a bad report and i've had 3 PIP assessments and 3 ESA assessments.
    Ans as you know I have had 2 ESA and 3 PIP assessments, all were failures!

That just about makes it 50/50.
  • poppy123456
    Yadnad said:

Not sure why you think that's relevant to my comment.
  • Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Hiya all,
    Ive had 2 PIP and 2 ESA.Both of my  PIP went great, 1st both standard and 2 both enhanced ( I requested the 2nd PIP because my health had deteriorated). My 1st ESA was awful and I was placed in Wrag and my 2nd ESA I’ve been placed in support  group and that went absolutely fine.
    Dont get me wrong each one was stressful, like everyone who goes through it .Like poppy123456 mines been fine. So yes there’s mine, positive outcome.
    I thought I’d also show the positive side too.
    Good luck to everyone waiting for there assessments and for everyone awaiting their decisions plus all going for MR and tribunals .???
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Yadnad said:

Not sure why you think that's relevant to my comment.
    It brings it into perspective.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.