PIP assessments long term awards — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessments long term awards

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hi @apollo14lmp

Welcome to the community sounds like you have been through a lot we are here to help so any questions just ask thank you for the news bringing this to our attention I’m sure this will help a lot of people here.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @apollo14lmp

I’m sure all this news will be very helpful thank you for sharing 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ironically I have both physical and mental health difficulties some of which will never improve whilst others will finish me off completely earlier than I expected.
    However I have had three PIP assessments since 2013, two of which were changed from 0 points to enhanced care & mobility at MR stage. Each one was for a 3 year period.
    So according to that, not only were the award lengths not in accordance with current recommendations but that the third review in 2017 should never have happened. For the third review I was awarded 0 points and despite a MR request the DWP decided that 0 points was all I am entitled to.

Sickening to be honest given what I have been through over the past 5 years. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.