my pip assesment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my pip assesment

Options
2»

Comments

• leannemich
    leannemich Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    My first PIP assessment in 2014 went great as I took a representative from debRa the charity for the disability I have, I got awarded high rate mobility and nothing for care so I just carried on and just took what I was given, I had a review in October 2016 and went to the assessment on my own and it was all full of lies and got turned down PIP and had to hand my mobility car back. I re applied in February this year and they did a home assessment this time and asked my representative to be there for me again as my last assessment was shambles and she did, the assessor was lovely, there was no lies and everything she wrote was exactly what was said, she give me 12 points for mobility and 18 for care and put that I do not need to be reviewed.
     I have now been awarded enhanced rate both for an ongoing period (until March 2029) and I go to pick up my mobility car on Thursday (which I cannot wait for ha ha)
    they’re not all bad, I’ve had two good and one bad so I’ve experienced both sides of the assessments :)

I've had three out of three bad!
    Never had any representation or help for anything which is the norm for most.
    I had to fight to get the first and second decisions reversed at MR - from nothing to Enhanced Care & Mobility. The third once again nothing and at MR they refused it as well.

Some of us are lucky some not so.

I’ve only been awarded when I’ve had my representative with me. Hats off to you all who do it alone and still win it!
    im very lucky to have such a good charity behind me to help with situations like this as it’s so stressful! 
    When I didn’t get awarded I didn’t even do a MR I just left it and re applied this year and luckily got awarded enhanced both at the beginning of this month. I finally have my freedom back as I have EB (Epidermolysis bullosa distrophic) and I struggle to walk a lot!
    Its just an awful thing to go through these assessments especially whilst fighting our illnesses we already are.
  • ricky1040
    ricky1040 Community member Posts: 125 Pioneering
    Options
    hey all just an update. i was informed over the phone today that i have been awarded enhamced rate mobility and no award at all for daily care. apparently i only got 4 points for that part. i will have to wait and read my report when it comes out. if its fair and reflects what i said i guess i will accept this but if not then i will be going down the appeals route. i dis think id at lwast get the standard eate for daily care. but as say i guess ill have to reserve judgement till i get my report
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Options
  • ricky1040
    Options
    Hey all. Well as above i was orginallt denied the daily living component of pip. Did man Reconsoderation and nothing was changed. BUT !!!

I had my appeal this week and i won. I was awarded the enhanced rate in both components. And my overall points incread by 12. Insane they can get it so so wrong to begin with. 

But basically wanted to share this for those genuine people out there that are being preyed apon. dont give up u can beat this. Light at end of the tunnel
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Options
    @ricky1040 congratulations I am still waiting for my tribunal 
  • ricky1040
    Options
    Have say its a big weight off my shoulders. Good luck with yours. I had a really nice panel. And the dwp person only said that i appeared completely genuine and he had nothing to add

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.