underpayment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

underpayment

Options
fuzzy
fuzzy Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Hi 
Today i got a letter from DWP about me being under payed ir esa my question is am i entitled to the enhanced disability premium as im in the support group 

Comments

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi fuzzy, 

The enhanced disability premium is part of the IR ESA assessment and you are entitled to have it in your calculation if you are in the support group. 

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• fuzzy
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,072 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This isn't exactly correct, sorry. Not everyone is entitled to this premium. It's only paid on Income related ESA. Whether you're entitled to this top up on your Contributions based ESA will totally depend on your circumstances and no one on an internet forum can give you a definite answer to this.

You need to fill the form out and return it to DWP. Decisions take about 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fuzzy
    Options
    I heard back from them to day and have been given back pay going back to may 2013 it looks like its for income related esa .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.