Being bullied — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Being bullied

Am being bullied daily. Lancashire wellbeing service involved  My bf want take legal action against council to got a bad neighbour keeps banging in nite wen i go bed am. Scared my floor was shaking last nite her TV coming through white noise to over year same daily. I recored it not picking up. Council won't let me do 8 hr recording moaning it to long to listen to it there job. Am. Scared of her am scared to move in my home to. She stole of me then asked me 4 80 pounds because I wouldn't give her it she making my life hell here. I will be moving been delayed bf not well at moment diabetic flu etc. Am running out of options. Anyone can help me. Council reckon she deaf she not deaf. I had conversations normally. Wrn people come she quite. Wen they go she making me a nervous reck. Am not well. Hardly sleeping. Either stopping me from sleeping or she waking me up. She thumping the floor all hours. Got so bad few weeks ago i bang the wall with remote control they making out am. A problem not me at all. Am. Quite n happy on my own. She a noisy rude lady. She cooked me a chicken last year i binned it because one day she didn't wssh her hands am. Not suffering germs or illness. 
Am stressed out am terrified of her

Comments

• Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Sam12 that sounds very difficult for you.  You say you will be moving though?  That should give you some hope? 

Have you tried keeping a diary of all the incidents with your neighbour?  Just make a note of what happened, and when and for how long.  That should help the council to see what the problems are.

Try not to react if at all possible.  If she manages to provoke you into retaliation then you could be the one who gets into trouble.
  • Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    @sam12 we are sorry that you are having such a difficult time with your neighbour.  You say you are terrified of her, are you safe in your home?  Do you now when you will be moving?  
    Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    edited December 2018
    I'd report them to your local council if you haven't already. I had the same issue previously, I won't go into it though.

Hope you manage to get it sorted out.
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    I have done still failing. My bf a lawyer he want matter twking further am scared to move etc 
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Same here sam 
  • [Deleted User]
    Sorry to hear that Sam, I actually ended up moving because no amount of warnings worked, even when we became friendly and I told her about how the noise affected me there was no change, it got to the point where my health was getting worse.

I had been diagnosed with FM when all of this was happening and I was actually moved into medical band 3 in regards to housing, I ended up moving into a detached bungalow.

Moving is certainly something to consider, it is scary but if you can find somewhere peaceful you'll hopefully feel a bit better.
  • mick1963
    mick1963 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    It's environmental health you need to speak to 
    Even on a night they can come and do sound checks 
    They will write to your neighbour and ask her to keep noise down 
    But they will help you council are not at liberty to help you as it's  not there department 
    So will just brush it under carpet 
  • sam12
    I done all this it certain times she making me look fooled. I rang housing up last nite she ring me Monday. Nd comin soon he hear it he want take legal action 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2018
    Noise pollution (environmental health) is part of the city council here.

Yeah same as those that made the noise above us.

I do hope you manage to get somewhere and that the noise stops.
  • sam12
    Yeah i b noise free in a detached house 
  • [Deleted User]
    Well, you would think that I guess it depends on where you live. I lived in a detached and still hear the noise from the vehicles that part down at the factory on the main road. I guess it's better than having someone blast you out with music, stamp around their floors and slam doors when you are trying to relax.
  • sam12
    I have all nite she follows  me banging she doin it now  this  time of nite  4.06 been no stopping  all nite 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear this @sam12, this must be really difficult to deal with. It's good to hear that you have services involved and you're moving forwards. If you need anything in the meantime, you can reach the Scope helpline at 0808 800 3333 (free).

Brightness