ESA backpayments if someone had died — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA backpayments if someone had died

Options
Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me, my dad was claiming ESA support after being migrated from incapacity benefit and they put him on contributions based. I have recently been told he should have been on income based and received the sdp as he lived on his own. Unfortunately my dad passed away in July 2016 and this has upset me that he should have been entitled. Is there anything I can do about this or will they not even look at it with him passing.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @buffynangel98

Good Evening & Welcome to our online Community.

I am very very sorry to hear about your farther.

We have got some “Benefit Advisors” here on our site/community.

I am very very happy in forwarding your post onto them for there “take” 

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

Can you please offer me some help/support with this post????

Many thanks.
  • buffynangel98
    buffynangel98 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Thank you steve51
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @buffynangel98

That’s my Pleasure?? ? ???

They only work Mon - Fri so I get back to me if you have any problems??????? 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @buffynangel98, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm truly sorry for your loss. How are you doing at the moment? I'm afraid I'm unsure of the answer to your ESA query myself, but hopefully some of our more experienced members will be able to advise.
  • buffynangel98
    buffynangel98 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I'm not coping great and now on ESA myself. Just was so upset that my dad hasn't worked since I was young and they put him on contributions based even though I contacted them a lot about that. N now he isn't here could have been entitled to more to make his life easier when he was here. I don't really care about the money but I would rather it go to a stroke charity then them keep it x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.