Not sure what to do about Section 1 of the PIP claim form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not sure what to do about Section 1 of the PIP claim form

Options
lolaboots
lolaboots Community member Posts: 32 Connected
I'm just getting set with the claim form for PIP(my first time trying to claim it) and i'm really struggling with the evidence they seem to want.My issues are mental health and there are no health professionals i see apart from my own GP.
About 2 months ago she did actually convince me to let her refer me to a psychologist but
 nothing will be moving forward in that direction for months yet.
As a desperate measure,i'll do a diary as they suggest but the only other piece of evidence i can send them is a copy of my repeat script.
There is nothing else i have to hand that's for sure and i'm stumped as to what else i could provide them with.
Has anyone else been in the same situation or does anyone with a bit more nous than me when it comes to PIP have any advice or suggestions?

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @lolaboots
    Do you have anyone who helps you on a day to day basis with difficulties.If so you could always ask them to write a description of your issues and how they are needed to help with daily living.They do not have to be a health professional just someone who can provide corroboration as to the difficulties you cope with every day.Others May have more advice on here.
    Good luck Debsidoo.xx
  • lolaboots
    lolaboots Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    Thank you @debsidoo,that's pretty much the only option i've got really x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.