ESA support group payment stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA support group payment stopped

andreamel28
andreamel28 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello I am completely baffled my esa support group payment has stopped after my face to face assessment. I have relocated to a new area and my previous doctors have a lot of my records concerning my condition should I tell my mandatory reconsideration their address so they can have access to my records. 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @andreamel28 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry to hear this. You should tell all relevant parties of any new address. Telephone and anything else including up to date mobile details.

Stopped my ESA because they texted me on a old mobile. Did not respond.  Wanted to tell me new information, call them or send a letter. 

Hope that helps.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As you've had another assessment for ESA then it's possible you've been found fit for work, is this correct? If so then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. I'd advise contacting your local welfare rights or law centre for help and advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • andreamel28
    Thank you I  have lodged a MR this morning and we are collecting further evidence of my condition from doctors and consultant. The report that the HCP wrote was not what was said my wife was present and she was so surprised that false statements could be written and accepted. 
  • poppy123456
    You need to put the MR request in writing stating what you disagree with. You need to look at the descriptors for both groups and decide which group she should be placed into then base the MR request on this. Evidence should say how your conditions affect your ability to do any type of work.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • andreamel28
    Thank you have done this now and have included statement from wife. Will send this off recorded delivery. Waiting for a supporting letter from consultant and doctor also daughter is giving a statement on how she Helps me and how I am day to day 
  • poppy123456
    No need to send recorded delivery. Proof of posting is just fine. Recorded delivery really doesn't mean anything because it's delivered to the sorting office and someone from Royal Mail will sign for it. Pointless and a waste of money.

Only 18% of MR decisions are successful so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal as most do. If this happens, once the Tribunal accept your appeal you'll be able to go back onto assessment rate of ESA but sick/fit notes will be needed from your GP. They will also need to be dated from the date you were found fit for work, if you want your money backdated.

If you've claimed Universal credit in the meantime then you won't be able to go back onto assessment rate for ESA.
  • andreamel28
    Thank you this is a really stressful time for my husband and myself and your help is much appreciated. 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes i can imagine it is, especially this time of year.

May i ask were you claiming ESA as a couple and do you claim housing benefit as well?
  • andreamel28
    No just my husband he was capability dismissed from his job when he needed adaptations at work to help with his condition. They said they could not put them in place permanently. Taking extra breaks from standing. Shorter working day. Less work load this started his stress related anxiety condition plus the worry of his condition and pain. 
  • poppy123456
    Ah i see, so Contributions based. Well, good luck with the MR/Tribunal if you get that far. If it does get to Tribunal it could be a very long wait, some areas have backlogs as long as 1 year.
  • andreamel28
    Thanks for your help we got a phone call from the Person dealing with my husbands M R and looking at my supporting letter and medical evidence the esa disicion to stop his entitlement to esa support group has been reversed. My husband received his missed payment today and a letter should arrive shortly. Your site was a great support to us at this stressful time and gave great information on how to go about the M R and tribunal if needed. Once again thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.